Screwfix

www.screwfix.com
  www.screwfix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Screwfix

A great place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Yeovil, England (UK)
Current Employee - Manager in Yeovil, England (UK)

I have been working at Screwfix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast moving, innovative, honest, gutsy. A great team effort where employees are valued and their opinions listened to and acted upon.

Cons

May be too demanding for the lighthearted, so if you want an easy job with no challenge, then Screwfix is not for you.

Keep the pace and energy up - we love it!

4 Other Employee Reviews for Screwfix (View Most Recent)

Expansive

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor

I have been working at Screwfix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mega expanding company, loads of opportunities and fun

Cons

some systems are poor, but are working on this, cold or hot warehouses, poor staff facilities in some sites

Improve systems, Improve staff areas

Not bad!

I worked at Screwfix part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy work, you can wear jeans and the uniform is pretty comfortable if you get the right pair of work boots. Hard labour, so good exercise! Will get you agile and fit especially in busy periods! Quite a laid back environment at my branch, the job got done but everybody had a laugh.

Cons

The computer systems are awful. They work on a centralised database, so when that goes down, the entire area network goes down.

We had no heating in the winter one year, and being in an uninsulated warehouse wearing nothing but a jumper was pretty bad. We were told we couldn't wear our coats but fortunately we could wear beanies and gloves. Still almost unbearable and I had to warm up in my car on my break!

Some of my supervisors were absolute idiots that had been there for a much shorter time than I had, and I ended up doing most of their tasks for them.

Your system looks good and does its job, but the computers it runs on are awful. Invest money in new computers for every branch that are capable of running the software without crashing every day!

Also store managers, make sure your supervisors actually know what they're doing and can do it well before you promote them!

There are newer employer reviews for Screwfix