There are newer employer reviews for Scripps Health

Results at all costs.

Former Employee - Registured Nurse in La Jolla, CA
Former Employee - Registured Nurse in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Scripps Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice CNA's. They are overworked but really know their job and do it without attitude. They are always there when you need them. Even when the patient's treat them like dirt the CNA apologizes for imagined wrongdoings.

Cons

Bad management. The nurses are the lowest of the low while the patient's have all the power. No support, you are on your own. It takes a long time to chart on every patient because they want every little thing charted. The system was obviously not created by a working nurse in the field because it is such a poor system.

Get a nurse to run things and get rid of the crazy charting system. The CEO, Chris Van Gorder, is not a god.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Scripps Health (View Most Recent)

Doesn't promote employee family cohesiveness

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Scripps Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Overall good place to work. Co-workers are generally great to work with and the medical care is generally great too.

Cons

Promotes employee time together by excluding our spouses from social functions, which supports staff affairs. Which is very uncomfortable and awkward for employees who don't condone the staff affairs. If we comment or say something we are in jeopardy of our jobs and if we have to see the spouse it's uncomfortable as well.

Support family unity by allowing staff to bring spouses to work functions especially when drinking and dancing is involved. Allow us to go home at reasonable hours after work rather than promote more staff drinking and partying and discourage office/staff affairs that make those of us who don't approve of it fear retaliation.

Lots of work, lots of good people. Many difficult political situations

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Scripps Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I work in IS. The work is challenging, the pace is pretty fast. There are a lot of good people who work here. The benefits are good, the salary is not bad either.

Cons

The job never ends. To work there you must embrace the concept of "drinking from a fire hose". The demands for your time is never ending and has no boundaries nor is there any apology about it. Some days I hate working there.

Get senior leadership to start rowing in the same direction. They are still pulling different ways based on whatever their agenda is. It wastes a lot of time and money.

There are newer employer reviews for Scripps Health