Scripps Health

www.scripps.org
There are newer employer reviews for Scripps Health

Good salary and benefits but they work you to death.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in San Diego, CA

I worked at Scripps Health part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent co-workers, great sense of family on each unit. Most of the staff pull together to try to help each other out.

Cons

Administration is so focused on the bottom line and patient reviews that good patient care despite the obstacles of a poor computer system and chronic understaffing for the patient acuity and turnover is unappreciated by management.

Have the chief nurse executive at each hospital follow an exemplary RN for her full 12 hour shift; have a time management specialist follow an RN for 12 hours and see how much time is actually spent with a patient. Have someone on the front lines evaluate new policies to see if they are actually doable under current staffing or if you are writing them merely to look good and they will necessarily be ignored because they are too time consuming. Don't send RNs home early until everyone is caught up and will be able to get out on time.

82 Other Employee Reviews for Scripps Health (View Most Recent)

Doesn't promote employee family cohesiveness

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Scripps Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Overall good place to work. Co-workers are generally great to work with and the medical care is generally great too.

Cons

Promotes employee time together by excluding our spouses from social functions, which supports staff affairs. Which is very uncomfortable and awkward for employees who don't condone the staff affairs. If we comment or say something we are in jeopardy of our jobs and if we have to see the spouse it's uncomfortable as well.

Support family unity by allowing staff to bring spouses to work functions especially when drinking and dancing is involved. Allow us to go home at reasonable hours after work rather than promote more staff drinking and partying and discourage office/staff affairs that make those of us who don't approve of it fear retaliation.

Results at all costs.

Former Employee - Registured Nurse in La Jolla, CA
    Former Employee - Registured Nurse in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Scripps Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

nice CNA's. They are overworked but really know their job and do it without attitude. They are always there when you need them. Even when the patient's treat them like dirt the CNA apologizes for imagined wrongdoings.

Cons

Bad management. The nurses are the lowest of the low while the patient's have all the power. No support, you are on your own. It takes a long time to chart on every patient because they want every little thing charted. The system was obviously not created by a working nurse in the field because it is such a poor system.

Get a nurse to run things and get rid of the crazy charting system. The CEO, Chris Van Gorder, is not a god.

There are newer employer reviews for Scripps Health