Scripps Health
www.scripps.org San Diego, CA 5000+ Employees

My experience at Scripps was very frustrating from management to day to day interactions with co-workers.

Staff Nurse (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Scripps Health

ProsThe salary was higher than average for the area, probably due to not being union. The benefits package was better than average as well.

ConsThe doctors and nurses do not work together, and management does not support nursing staff. I found most staff just came in, did their job and left. There was no pride in doing a job well. I also felt that they were well behind the curve in terms of incorperating new technology or research into their care.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture needs to change to provide better patient care. Nurses' concerns need to be taken more seriously, as well as updating the Standard of Care and keeping up to date with the most current medical technologies.

My experience at Scripps has shown me alot about Healthcare, and a part of life that people don't normally see.

Lift Technician (Current Employee)
La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Scripps Health

Pros: Scripps has good benefits. If healthcare is what you are… Cons: It can be difficult to advance within the organization. The pay, compared to competing hospitals, is low. It's difficult to move up, when you are… Advice to Senior Management: Hire from within, more often than not. Give new students more of an opportunity to learn on the job. Train people to do things the… More

Fly or Fail

Registered Nurse @ La Jolla Memorial Hospital Med-surgical (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Scripps Health

Pros: nice buildings/locations, active CEO, great up-to-date resources technology, acknowledge staff with annual luncheons… Cons: Not a teaching environment Management are inconsistent and not very professional Provide training classes but lack support with hands-on skills on the… Advice to Senior Management: Be more objective and speak-up about the fairness of situations instead of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Scripps Health.

Worked for Scripps Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scripps Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Scripps Health CEO Chris Van Gorder. All reviews posted anonymously by Scripps Health employees.