Scripps Health

Fantastic!

Former Employee - Receiver in La Jolla, CA
Former Employee - Receiver in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Scripps Health

Pros

Great Location! Great People! Lots of room for advancement.

Cons

Takes a while to weed out the few bad employees

Keep up the good work!

81 Other Employee Reviews for Scripps Health (View Most Recent)

My experience at Scripps was very frustrating from management to day to day interactions with co-workers.

Former Employee - Staff Nurse in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Nurse in San Diego, CA

I worked at Scripps Health

Pros

The salary was higher than average for the area, probably due to not being union. The benefits package was better than average as well.

Cons

The doctors and nurses do not work together, and management does not support nursing staff. I found most staff just came in, did their job and left. There was no pride in doing a job well. I also felt that they were well behind the curve in terms of incorperating new technology or research into their care.

The culture needs to change to provide better patient care. Nurses' concerns need to be taken more seriously, as well as updating the Standard of Care and keeping up to date with the most current medical technologies.

My experience at Scripps has shown me alot about Healthcare, and a part of life that people don't normally see.

Current Employee - Lift Technician in La Jolla, CA
    Current Employee - Lift Technician in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Scripps Health

Pros

Scripps has good benefits. If healthcare is what you are in careerwise, it's a great place to learn.

Cons

It can be difficult to advance within the organization. The pay, compared to competing hospitals, is low. It's difficult to move up, when you are told that you do not have enough experience. This makes things harder on healthcare proffesionals who have loans to pay back after completion of their education.

Hire from within, more often than not. Give new students more of an opportunity to learn on the job. Train people to do things the right way. Try not to tell people they don't have enough experience to do a job that they have been trained to do. How can a person gain experience without an opportunity.

There are newer employer reviews for Scripps Health