Decent

I have been working at Scrub and Beyond

Pros

fun environment to work in

Cons

Not enough money or hours

Other Reviews for Scrub and Beyond

store manager

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Scrub and Beyond full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

scrubs and beyond attracts some of the most amazing customers in the medical profession. Seeing the happy faces of our customers makes this job fun and exciting. This is a different type of retail because of the amount of outside sales events you'll do in a year. Which is great because you actually go to different hospitals different businesses and actually set up a store which is very exciting. There is lots of traveling involved which can be great.

Cons

Very dishonest and disorganized company to work for corporate offices have no clue on how to run a company successfully. Human resources is a joke and nonexistent the behavior and moral of human resource department is disgusting and unsupportive to all the employees and is unprofessional and they will down right degrade you as a person. With 27 stores web and catalogs there are only about 30 employees at the corporate. Corporate office tends to make lots of mistakes and will blame store management for those mistakes. There is no leadership or directions in this company. Vice president and store operations manager are unskilled in their duties nor do they have the background justify or support their positions. Advice to any potential job seekers stay away

To the president of scrubs and beyond This company has the potential to be very successful thoroughly looking at the people you have in charge of your company. Ensure that they are holding the same high standards expected of every employee. Look into hiring outside consulting service to better the human resource and operations at home office to provide better structure. Don't allow human resource or your store operations to bring your company down hold them accountable. Don't allow people to be mistreated or you will continue to lose good managers and good team members

This is it!

Current Employee - Corporate Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Scrub and Beyond full-time for less than a year

Pros

A year ago I found myself in a position where I could actually select my next employer. Being a 50 year old seasoned management professional I was appalled by the blatant discrimination I experienced during interviews due to my advanced skill set, maturity, ethnicity, and my comfort in being a strong advocate for the employees. In some instances it was implied that I was searching for a company where I could just relax and sail into retirement in a few years.By no means, I believe anything that's not growing is dead! I learned of a career opportunity with Scrubs and Beyond. I was impressed by the accomplishments and the direction the company is headed led by their CEO, and supported by the employees. It tweaked my interest when I learned that this small 15 year old company purchased a competing 50 year old company. I had worked through an acquisition before and I wanted in on this one. I am a change agent and this is where I thrive! I knew I could make a difference during this challenging time of culture changes, realignmet and restructuring. When I interviewed with the HR Director and the CEO I knew this was the company I had been searching for. Their "real talk" about the professionalism, dedication, ability to build partnerships and embrace cultures was also evident in them. I wake every morning looking forward to going to work and working with others that share the same enthusiasm. I want to make a difference and I know I have the support of my management team. I no longer carry a management title and I could care less because I have something greater. I have the respect of my peers and the support from the management team. We assemble every Monday and receive an update about the accomplishment in each department. Our CEO strongly encourages engagement and recognition such as this. We are a team with mutual respect for each others job from the CEO to housekeeping. We all matter, we all are an important piece of the puzzle. There is drive to go beyond just "getting it done!"

A word about Karla Bakersmith
    I am not impressed with people because of their titles and power. I've seen this abused too often. Many leaders forget how they got where they are and remove themselves from the employees and their concerns and dreams. None of these negative behaviors operate in this business savvy CEO. I watched her late one evening after everyone had gone. She walked thru the empty departments dusting the tops of file cabinets, pushing chairs up to the desk, and checking trash cans to make sure they had been emptied. This impressed me more than anything I had read about her accomplishments. The small details still mattered greatly to her. Is she tough? She better be in order to maintain her title as leader in the industry! That's not given, it's earned and has to be maintained. Will she push? Wouldn't you if you saw potential in your staff to be better and stronger? Is she only about herself? Well, I believed her when she said "This is our company and we are only going up!" And we are, we are growing stronger day by day in this industry and in our company.

Cons

I'm respected in my position and amongst my peers. I have the support of senior management . I refuse to complain or give a negative statement just to fill in this section. There is such thing as a "happy employee" and I am proof.

I look forward to the Monday rallies but perhaps we could move the venue occasionally.

There are newer employer reviews for Scrub and Beyond.

Worked for Scrub and Beyond? Contribute to the Community!