Sea World

www.seaworld.com
  www.seaworld.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sea World

Great place to work for students on summer break!

Former Employee - Host/Hostess in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Host/Hostess in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sea World part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They hire a lot of people for seasonal positions and will employ you again for future summers if they are happy with your work.

Cons

It's not all glamourous work. Some positions work late and early hours. There were a few times I closed till 1AM and then had to be back for the breakfast shift at 6AM

78 Other Employee Reviews for Sea World (View Most Recent)

The experience was fun, energetic, infectious, and the work was easy.

Former Employee - Lighting & Stage Crew Tech IV Or III in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Lighting & Stage Crew Tech IV Or III in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sea World part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meet people easy to get a long with. Good college job to have for part-time hours.
    - Easy daily tasks.
    - People who work there make it even funner to work with.
    - Safety First environment, they push that and want all of their employees to perform with that philosophy at Sea World.
    - Extremely by the book, which is good in a lot of scenarios, but also bad in some.
    - Build a family/friend relationship with most of the employees.

Cons

- Impossible to have overtime hours, even in summer seasons (Entertainment Dept.).
    - Difficult to find someone to replace/switch a scheduled day for theirs.
    - Rarely get any weekly hours in the non-summer seasons. Always the same every year - scenario changes once your promoted to a Lead role, as you become a full-time employee.
    - When it comes to doing special tasks - ex: such as cleaning other work place areas that our team has not done before, a lot "back & forth" communication with the leads by walkie-talkie just to get little things done.
    - Causes a lot of waiting around.
    - A lot of brainstorming around to doing a lot of these special tasks. Most of the time doing it the "easy and effective way" to get a task done is more likely to be the wrong way. So looking for another method and having the creative, and patient skills is a must.
    - One example: when we were scheduled to clean the docking bay platforms, we needed a pressure washer, so we needed to ask permission to use one, which we needed to rent, which we needed to find the Lead that had it in his Dept.
    - A lot of the times, things move slow there, when it comes to obtaining special tools, and even common tools to doing some tasks. Like mentioned before, a lot of communication, and a lot of waiting around, because the Leads need to communicate with other Leads in other Depts. to order new tools or whatever else. Scenarios always change but outcome is usually very similar.
    - People that do not like to work or take no pride in their often get shifted around and stick around. Watch out with those, it seems a lot of huge corporations have trouble getting rid of those types.

Working for Sea World was delightful but like all companies can improve.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Sea World part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The in-park benefits were nice and they worked well with my scheduling and really seemed to care about me as an employer in my department.

Cons

Actual health benefits are only for Full Time Employees but Sea World very rarely hires for any non-corporate full time positions. Other than OCC the other departments seem the company could do better and should have never been sold from AB.

There are newer employer reviews for Sea World