There are newer employer reviews for Seagate Technology

Very good experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Seagate Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was lucky enough to have a very good manager who made sure I had challenging projects, access to necessary resources, and who made sure I was introduced to those around the company that might help me farther down the line. Work-Life balance was also very good...until the off-shoring model, that is.

Cons

Recent company hiring changes have made it impossible to ever see a raise without changing jobs. Also, 'hiring from within' is no longer the custom. The company's openly stated hiring strategy is to hire the most inexperienced person (read: youngest) who might be able to handle the job as a way to keep salary costs down. In addition, international teams require late nights for US workers.

Your experienced employees have a great deal to offer.

329 Other Employee Reviews for Seagate Technology (View Most Recent)

Good place to work but long hours

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Longmont, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

I have been working at Seagate Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Salary well above normal for job title

Cons

Long hours working with internationals

Good News, Bad News

Former Employee - BlackArmor Channel and Partner Management  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - BlackArmor Channel and Partner Management in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Seagate Technology as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful talented individuals working constantly to overcome highly political division management to deliver for the outstanding executive team and company as a whole. Creative, professional teams and strong peer support make environment worth the headaches.

Cons

Meetings, meetings, meetings, and taboo subjects due to multiple acquisitions create a two-tiered culture. Productivity and profitability, particularly for Branded Solutions, is hiding the enormous potential. Habitual dismissal and de-hiring of top performers to protect status quo is costly and impactful to morale.

Executives awarding positions based on past performance excellence may want to consider domain expertise, particularly with regard to B2B vs B2C and software. While margins are ok, they are unnecessarily lean, and at risk with each release due to the lack of integration of division management in the tangible decisions being made each day "around" those executives to save product P&L.

There are newer employer reviews for Seagate Technology

Worked for Seagate Technology? Contribute to the Community!