Seagate Technology
www.seagate.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

Seagate as an employer

Materials (Former Employee)
Longmont, CO

ProsSeagate was the best company I ever worked for; it had great benefits and flexibility. I was given opportunities to excel beyond the scope of my job. I would work for Seagate again if given the opportunity.

ConsWhen I tried to change positions at Seagate, I was given next to no training. Even an HR person said that Seagate expects you to stay in the position you are hired for and not move. Also, there was some favoritism in the department that affected many of us.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a more careful watch on which employees are getting hired to certain jobs; sometimes they are not qualified, but just a favorite of the manager.

Highly Satisfied

Firmware Engineer (Current Employee)
    Longmont, CO

I have been working at Seagate Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great work culture Nice people and management Great vision Leaders in the Hard… Cons: Slow paced work environment. Less number of young staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

30+ years in manufacturing, corporate culture severely declining

Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Seagate Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits, nice facilities overall, industry leader (1st and 2nd… Cons: Location from where most employees lived (Santa Cruz County); lack of raises; lack of bonuses; when someone leaves the company or is let go, others… Advice to Senior Management: Start paying attention to your employees instead of treating them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Seagate Technology.

Worked for Seagate Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Seagate Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Seagate Technology CEO Steve Luczo. All reviews posted anonymously by Seagate Technology employees.