There are newer employer reviews for Sealed Air Corporation

Steadily going down hill - looking for another job

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation

Pros

I started in the CRYOVAC Division (Corporate Headquarter) when it was still part of W. R. Grace. It was a great place to work until Sealed Air took over. Sealed Air successfully ruined the team spirit and innovative nature of our engineering group and R&D. The best reason to work at Sealed Air is that I have a job while looking for something else!

Cons

When upper management expresses the opinion that "employees should be worried about their job" in order to perform better something is seriously wrong! The company is run by "bean counters" focused on short term.
They laid off 13 people in Engineering the Monday after Thanksgiving; most of the people had 20 + years with the company and up to 34 years!
I cannot think of any reason to continue working there and are actively looking for another job.

Stop being focused on the next quarterly report! If you expect loyalty and dedication from your employees, you need to show some support and appreciation for their efforts. Travelling halfway around the world and being away from our families for weeks is NOT a benefit. The top dogs don't fly coach, why is it expected from the little guy!
If the executives are getting a bonus and the regular employees do not, what do you think this does to moral and motivation?

77 Other Employee Reviews for Sealed Air Corporation (View Most Recent)

Almost 7 Years of Grief

Former Employee - Machine Operator
    Former Employee - Machine Operator

I worked at Sealed Air Corporation

Pros

Emphasis on Profit Sharing
    A few decent coworkers
    Decent job security

Cons

You can never work enough hours
    Poor communication
    Discrimination and partiality breed unhealthy competition
    No opportunity for advancement
    Toxic physical and mental work environment

Develop the skills necessary to make everyone a part of the team, not just the butt kissers and overtimers. Hire more quality employees rather than overworking skeleton crews.

The best in the business

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation

Pros

Freedom to create own schedule. Like you own your own business. Company culture is that of a family. Top company in the field on products. The company stands behind every thing they sell. A step ahead of the rest in a market when others are lacking.

Cons

Limits in bonus and commisions. Inconsistency in highering good talent. The job gives the opportunity for self motivaters to succeed and lazy people to lounge around. The company is drastically affected by the ups and downs of the markets. Takes years for promotions.

Create a more aggressive pay structure. Create more aggressive products. Be the first to market with certain items.

There are newer employer reviews for Sealed Air Corporation

Worked for Sealed Air Corporation? Contribute to the Community!