There are newer employer reviews for Sealed Air Corporation

The best job I have had since the U.S. Navy!!!

Current Employee - Bubble Line Operator in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Bubble Line Operator in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation

Pros

Everybody that I have had the pleasure of working with seemed to be knowledgeable and really forth coming with information to aid in training. Most everybody here are extremely friendly and easy to talk to about pretty much anything. Benefits kick in with vacation and all the other perks from day 1. That alone was enough to make me strive harder to get hired in. My plant
manager is good for coming out on the floor to see how his work force is doing. If things are not so good he takes an interest in finding out why. I have seen him make changes to make things better for people at the drop of a hat. I think all facilities should have Plant Managers like mine. I have worked here for a year, and I still think it is the best place in my city to work!

Cons

Fingers point to easily to wipe blame on people. Proper investigations are not done in most cases to find out why somebody did or did not do something. I'd like to see that change.

Advice to Management

I think you ALL should come to work once a week in jeans and a tee shirt , ready to get your hands dirty and get to know what we (the work force) go through on a daily basis. Get more that just the paper written version on how long something should take or how many people it takes to do a job. Sealed Air promotes and practices working safely. Sometimes more people are needed to make that happen on a job, and then vice versa. Maybe even just as you are walking around, listen to what the guys and gals are talking about. You just might overhear a great idea that will never get submitted because they might think it's a dumb idea. Encourage people to keep thinking about ways to make the job easier / more productive without compromising safety. Maybe even tell your people that no idea is a dumb idea. You might be amazed at the results you get!!

reviews filtered by

Great experience but limited opportunities

Current Employee - Packaging Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Packaging Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation

Pros

Sealed Air provides average to good benefits. Tuition reimbursement is the norm of 5250 per yeat. The company provides you with an average amount of compensation but they are always open to negotiations.

Cons

Adancement is tough to accomplish within the company, ther are very limited opportunities in this regard. Compensation for this company is below average.

Advice to Management

Management should develop positions or methods to maintain the talent in yhe the workplace. Helping young talent develope thir experience with opportunities for advancement is desired.

2. Sealed Air Corporation

Current Employee - Lab Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Lab Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation

Pros

Excellence in fortune 500 companies.

Cons

Locally, not many chances of career advancement.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

There are newer employer reviews for Sealed Air Corporation