Sealed Air Corporation

www.sealedair.com
  www.sealedair.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sealed Air Corporation

Surprising both positively and negatively

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation

Pros

Fast track roles are prestigious inside the company. The pay and career opportunities within the company can be surprisingly good.

Cons

Totally unknown brand name outside of the packaging industry. If working for a big name is important to you, avoid here...

You should ensure a proper integration. Still there is too much difference between Cryovac and Sealed Air. Pay attention which companies you acquire and due a better due diligence. Pay attention to turnover rates in "known" areas. Try to think outside of the box and give a chance to new ideas. If an approach doesn't help for 10 years then try something else. Make sure that people with good career potential are mentored by willing and capable managers. Develop a better evaluation system with a 360 approach.

87 Other Employee Reviews for Sealed Air Corporation (View Most Recent)

Overall good.

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation

Pros

Good benefits, good knowledgeable people.

Cons

Too politically correct and not always aware of how much time is needed to produce quality bags and film.

Stop hiring only blacks, Indians, and women to have everything equal.

Steadily going down hill - looking for another job

I have been working at Sealed Air Corporation

Pros

I started in the CRYOVAC Division (Corporate Headquarter) when it was still part of W. R. Grace. It was a great place to work until Sealed Air took over. Sealed Air successfully ruined the team spirit and innovative nature of our engineering group and R&D. The best reason to work at Sealed Air is that I have a job while looking for something else!

Cons

When upper management expresses the opinion that "employees should be worried about their job" in order to perform better something is seriously wrong! The company is run by "bean counters" focused on short term.
    They laid off 13 people in Engineering the Monday after Thanksgiving; most of the people had 20 + years with the company and up to 34 years!
    I cannot think of any reason to continue working there and are actively looking for another job.

Stop being focused on the next quarterly report! If you expect loyalty and dedication from your employees, you need to show some support and appreciation for their efforts. Travelling halfway around the world and being away from our families for weeks is NOT a benefit. The top dogs don't fly coach, why is it expected from the little guy!
    If the executives are getting a bonus and the regular employees do not, what do you think this does to moral and motivation?

There are newer employer reviews for Sealed Air Corporation