There are newer employer reviews for Search Leaders

Great place to learn and build a strong, long-lasting career in Executive Recruiting.

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Search Leaders

Pros

The opportunity to learn a new career and grow within that career over long haul is amazing. Building a career that will pay you 6 figures year in and year out. Management is very knowledgeable and has a strong vision for the future of the staffing industry and keeping us making money in it.

Cons

A lot of hard work. Must have a strong work ethic, but it pays very well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

reviews filtered by
  1. Flexible, and gave me the tools I asked for.

I have been working at Search Leaders

Pros

Work from home, making more money then ever before.

Cons

Haven't left my house in months. Send pizza.

Advice to Management

We should all meet up more this summer.

2. 9 years and still loving every minute of this job/company

Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Search Leaders full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I started almost 9 years ago with RAD/Search Leaders as a Associate Recruiter working my way up through the ranks to the management level. If you are looking for a challenging but rewarding career I would recommend. In my opinion here are some of the pros.

1. Career advancement - For those that aren't scared of a little hard work. Management will reward those people with opportunities as promised.
    2. Environment - Laid back environment with a team atmosphere. Shifted from the every man for themselves mentality which most sales environments are. I have seen both sides.
    3. Work life balance - We all know things come up and getting time off to handle those issues has not been a problem.
    4. Annual company excursions - Twins suite @ Target Field every year is a nice perk and other seasonal company functions that we do on an annual basis.
    5. Sales - Selling career opportunities to potential applicants is highly rewarding especially when they get the opportunity.
    6. Mgmt Vision - The vision of top level mgmt and the future of Search Leaders is exciting.
    7. Compensation - Compensated nicely for the work you put in on base and incentives.
    8. Growth in IT - This is what RAD/SL is known for and business has been good. Also a CON, see below.
    9. Team - Solid group of individuals with good morals, values, and work ethic. Everyone is willing to help their fellow co-workers. We all want to see each other succeed.

Cons

Being here almost 9 years I have seen some lows as well. Fortunately, the lows have been few and far between. Here are some of my cons in my opinion.

1. Growth - Usually not a bad thing but in this case I feel we weren't ready to expand into other staffing markets outside of our core in IT. The old "we bit of more than we could chew saying" applies in this case.
    2. Communication - Communication between top level mgmt and mgmt has been an issue but has gotten better.
    3. Benefits - Got better in 2013 but still would like to see a 401K match at some point.
    4. Training - No training program when I started however in recent years one has been put in place. Still needs work but better.

Advice to Management

Just focus on what we know which is IT staffing and expand that into different national markets. Don't put the cart before the horse.

There are newer employer reviews for Search Leaders