Search Leaders

www.searchleaders.com
  www.searchleaders.com
There are newer employer reviews for Search Leaders

Great place to learn and build a strong, long-lasting career in Executive Recruiting.

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Search Leaders

Pros

The opportunity to learn a new career and grow within that career over long haul is amazing. Building a career that will pay you 6 figures year in and year out. Management is very knowledgeable and has a strong vision for the future of the staffing industry and keeping us making money in it.

Cons

A lot of hard work. Must have a strong work ethic, but it pays very well.

Keep up the great work!

9 Other Employee Reviews for Search Leaders (View Most Recent)

Great place to build your career

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Saint Louis Park, MN

I have been working at Search Leaders full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people I work with are, by far, the best part of this job. This includes upper management. A "good vibe" is something that is important in the office and a good rapport with your co-workers is something that everyone takes very seriously here. We often go out for happy hour or lunch together and genuinely enjoy each others' company.
    There is a very serious open door policy at Search Leaders. If you have an issue with anything, or just questions, it is always encouraged that you bring it up with management. They take what you have to say seriously, and do their best to help.
    I consider this a rather flat organization, as well. The owner is always in the office and always ready to chat with you. Upper management actually refers to you as their co-worker vs. an employee.
    They are constantly instituting new ways to earn bonuses and higher spiffs to increase your bottom line. If you are a true performer for the company, I have never seen them withhold a generous raise for you at your review.
    Money aside, there is a lot of room for upward mobility with this organization. Management is always looking for people to promote to a bigger position with more responsibility.

Cons

This is definitely a sales environment. It is not going to be the right fit for everyone. You have set daily and monthly goals that need to be met. After not meeting goals for 6+ months, people tend to review if this is the right environment for them and they sometimes decide to make a move.

Keep managing the good rapport with current and future employees. Also, keep defining new goals for us to reach in all areas of our careers!

9 years and still loving every minute of this job/company

Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Search Leaders full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I started almost 9 years ago with RAD/Search Leaders as a Associate Recruiter working my way up through the ranks to the management level. If you are looking for a challenging but rewarding career I would recommend. In my opinion here are some of the pros.

1. Career advancement - For those that aren't scared of a little hard work. Management will reward those people with opportunities as promised.
    2. Environment - Laid back environment with a team atmosphere. Shifted from the every man for themselves mentality which most sales environments are. I have seen both sides.
    3. Work life balance - We all know things come up and getting time off to handle those issues has not been a problem.
    4. Annual company excursions - Twins suite @ Target Field every year is a nice perk and other seasonal company functions that we do on an annual basis.
    5. Sales - Selling career opportunities to potential applicants is highly rewarding especially when they get the opportunity.
    6. Mgmt Vision - The vision of top level mgmt and the future of Search Leaders is exciting.
    7. Compensation - Compensated nicely for the work you put in on base and incentives.
    8. Growth in IT - This is what RAD/SL is known for and business has been good. Also a CON, see below.
    9. Team - Solid group of individuals with good morals, values, and work ethic. Everyone is willing to help their fellow co-workers. We all want to see each other succeed.

Cons

Being here almost 9 years I have seen some lows as well. Fortunately, the lows have been few and far between. Here are some of my cons in my opinion.

1. Growth - Usually not a bad thing but in this case I feel we weren't ready to expand into other staffing markets outside of our core in IT. The old "we bit of more than we could chew saying" applies in this case.
    2. Communication - Communication between top level mgmt and mgmt has been an issue but has gotten better.
    3. Benefits - Got better in 2013 but still would like to see a 401K match at some point.
    4. Training - No training program when I started however in recent years one has been put in place. Still needs work but better.

Just focus on what we know which is IT staffing and expand that into different national markets. Don't put the cart before the horse.

There are newer employer reviews for Search Leaders