Sears Optical
www.searsoptical.com Mason, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

decent job for a College student

Optician (Current Employee)
College Park, MD

I have been working at Sears Optical part-time for more than a year

ProsIt is a great experience and extremely difficult to do. I did it for two years while I was in college and it wasn't that bad. The company gives you a free pair of glasses or sunglasses from Sun glass Hut on the anniversary of your employment year. The benefits are not that bad you get Eyemed vision insurance whether your part time or not. you get paid holidays, Aetna dental and health insurance and FSA account and 401K if your a full time employment.

ConsThe hours are not consistent, you do not get commission if you do not make the weekly store goal you will only get base pay. You rarely get a raise I been with the company 2 years and got a 25 cent raise during the two years i been with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest when hiring employees that it is not definite that they will be able to get full time employment hours and

A learning-experience that will help you grow in different ways

Associate (Current Employee)
Moreno Valley, CA

I have been working at Sears Optical

Pros: Casual atmosphere allows for comfortable environment Challenges you to think outside the box (to market/advertise sales when business is slow) Communication skills can be grown Will learn lots… Cons: It's sales, so can be high stressor because of weekly goals that must be reached I've been told if you're a people person,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very unsettling for a committed and loyal employee

Was Store Manager for 1 5 Yrs Associate II Yrs (Current Employee)
Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Sears Optical

Pros: I get great satisfaction in helping people and this is a place I can do that. People are having a hard time getting what they… Cons: Company does not care about anything except $$$ No reward or positivity at store level, or mid mgmt. level, all negative no matter how much… Advice to Senior Management: The possibilities are endless @ Sears Optical, if only the Company would roll out the power to make it happen. All common goals can be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sears Optical.

Worked for Sears Optical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears Optical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sears Optical CEO Andrea Guerra. All reviews posted anonymously by Sears Optical employees.