Sears

www.searshc.com
  www.searshc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Overall great company to work for

Current Employee - Auto Center Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Auto Center Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Career Opportunities and Personal Growth. The retail world is fast paced and always changing never stops environment. For these reasons it typically creates high turnover. What i have experienced with Sears is the management team investing time in developing not only lower management but entry level employees as well. Almost all the managers that i know through out sears did not start as managers but entry level employees who have stuck with it and have been promoted. Another positive about working for Sears is the lack of age discrimination. If you can perform you will be promoted.

Cons

Compensation seems to be lower than similar industries.

Pay more attention to what works instead of trying to change process all the time

4297 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

So far, so good

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Selling products to people is what I do best. The commission rate on appliances is OK. Sears always has a sale going on and a better one coming up. Frequently, we set up sales for big days and that's when we make a lot of money.

Cons

Oftentimes, there are too many sales associates on the floor but that is part of what makes Sears a good place to shop. Its a full commission job and they have draw pay. I was used to a guaranteed minimum plus commission at other jobs but Sears doesn't do it that way. I've never been in draw pay but others have. Hey, you've got to sell to make money.

So far, so good.

A good second job or school job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Sears

Pros

It's a decent place to work while in school or as a second job. They are flexible with schedules similar to most retail jobs. They pay better than some retail because you get paid for selling things along with hourly pay. It's very relaxed and easy going and if youre a good employee.

Cons

It's not a great place to work as far as career advancement. They way managers and sales leads are chosen is crazy. It is completely based on favoritism. They care more about money than how the customer is treated and cut hours based on sales. Management is very unprofessional.

There should be a larger balance of how the customers are treated along with how much money is made.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears