There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Overall great company to work for

Current Employee - Auto Center Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Auto Center Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Career Opportunities and Personal Growth. The retail world is fast paced and always changing never stops environment. For these reasons it typically creates high turnover. What i have experienced with Sears is the management team investing time in developing not only lower management but entry level employees as well. Almost all the managers that i know through out sears did not start as managers but entry level employees who have stuck with it and have been promoted. Another positive about working for Sears is the lack of age discrimination. If you can perform you will be promoted.

Cons

Compensation seems to be lower than similar industries.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what works instead of trying to change process all the time

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I can see why the company is failing

Current Employee - Cashier in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Sears

Pros

I needed a second job and they hired me on the spot.

Cons

No training at all - the online training doesn't pertain to what you actually do I was told that I would be "shadowed" instead I was thrown into a register and basically it was sink or swim. The average age of a cashier is 18 and they talk on the phone, text or fight with each other. It's like high school all over again.

Advice to Management

Learn how to communicate and manage effectively. Stop pushing credit card application sales so much and focus on quality customer service and learning how to train employees effectively.

2. A good second job or school job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Sears

Pros

It's a decent place to work while in school or as a second job. They are flexible with schedules similar to most retail jobs. They pay better than some retail because you get paid for selling things along with hourly pay. It's very relaxed and easy going and if youre a good employee.

Cons

It's not a great place to work as far as career advancement. They way managers and sales leads are chosen is crazy. It is completely based on favoritism. They care more about money than how the customer is treated and cut hours based on sales. Management is very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

There should be a larger balance of how the customers are treated along with how much money is made.