okay, if you like working for little pay and getting pushed to get credit apps then this is for you!

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Sears

Pros

flexible schedules, rewarded for getting credit, amazing employees, friendly, fairly easy job

Cons

welllllll to list a few.. if you dont get credit apps they threaten to give you less hours
you only get paid $7.25 a hour
if there is no customers you HAVE to go out and clean and straighten up the fitting rooms and put items back on racks
you basicly work as a cashier AND a MCA because you do their job sometimes also
you have to sometimes stay after for a hour to clean up after store closes
you have to ask a billion questions while doing a transaction and customers simply just want to get their items and GO!
standing for long periods of time
they claim you get two 15 min breaks but YOU DONT EVER!
not only do you have to get credit apps but shop your way rewrds too
your work dosent get noticed unless you get massive amounts of credit apps and shop your way rewards but nothing else, not cleaning or helping out customers or anything like that!
if someone comes late to give you your lunch and you have no choice but to go and come back late you get written up as well
and theres more.,...

give credit to your hard workers for their performance, for coming to work on time for not calling in for not catching attitudes for cleaning up and also helping out the mca's instead of grilling them if they dont get credit apps and realize the economy we're in who wants credit!? sometimes people dont want them so stop pushing it on us when its your customers who are saying NO! you might as well have a sign that says credit instead of sears because it seems as if thats what it's all about.

Other Reviews for Sears

Stay away from here.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Sears part-time for less than a year

Pros

The break room, and the day I quit.

Cons

This company is a joke! Most managers don't have a clue. Most workers can't speak English, including management. They train you to trick customers to open credit cards. I

I wasted 9 month of my life in this place. Thank god I finish scoop and got out.

Challenging work environment with great and talented individuals

I worked at Sears full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of learning opportunities and dedication to developing your career. Work hard and you will be appreciated and rewarded.

Cons

Management strategies change often to try to maintain position in retail industry. Sometimes strategies seem like late solutions.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!