There are newer employer reviews for Sears

it is ok but could be better.

Former Employee - Clerk  in  Roanoke, VA
Former Employee - Clerk in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Sears

Pros

Good hours nice customers ok. The benefits could definitely be better but at least passable. Sears is in serious trouble along with K-Mart stores. Hopefully we can think of some good changes so that there will be some decent growth.

Cons

Low pay not very good benefits. Job security is very iffy and unstable. Sears used ot be such a reputable store and so important in the history of USA retail.

Raise salaries get us better benefits. Better health health insurance. More vacation time and holiday pay increased would be absolutely wonderful. That would be really great. All employees would greatly appreciate that.

3871 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Good pay

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Danville, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Danville, IL

I have been working at Sears

Pros

I still have not found a job that I can make as good or better money than Sears. It was very structured. There was a clear order of who to report to when there was an issue.

Cons

The day to day job duties seemed to change depending on who you ask. There was almost never congratulations unless you were the #1 in the entire region. It was very difficult trying to hire good employees.

Don't focus so much on the details. The big picture needs to be perfect before you start nit-picking about the details.

It has been a great place to grow and advance my career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Promotion opportunities and the vastness of the corporation allows someone to do different things.

Cons

Too much of a silo organization with very poor planning and communication to field level.

Start from scratch and eliminate the people in corporate that have jobs to just have jobs. Too much job validation in corporate causing chaos throughout organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!