it is ok but could be better.

Former Employee - Clerk  in  Roanoke, VA
Former Employee - Clerk in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Sears

Pros

Good hours nice customers ok. The benefits could definitely be better but at least passable. Sears is in serious trouble along with K-Mart stores. Hopefully we can think of some good changes so that there will be some decent growth.

Cons

Low pay not very good benefits. Job security is very iffy and unstable. Sears used ot be such a reputable store and so important in the history of USA retail.

Raise salaries get us better benefits. Better health health insurance. More vacation time and holiday pay increased would be absolutely wonderful. That would be really great. All employees would greatly appreciate that.

Other Reviews for Sears

Good pay

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Danville, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Danville, IL

I have been working at Sears

Pros

I still have not found a job that I can make as good or better money than Sears. It was very structured. There was a clear order of who to report to when there was an issue.

Cons

The day to day job duties seemed to change depending on who you ask. There was almost never congratulations unless you were the #1 in the entire region. It was very difficult trying to hire good employees.

Don't focus so much on the details. The big picture needs to be perfect before you start nit-picking about the details.

Good if you know the right people.

Former Employee - Photographer  in  Colonie, NY
    Former Employee - Photographer in Colonie, NY

I worked at Sears

Pros

Ability to learn from one another

Cons

Never get consistent hours, not able to advance within the company

There are newer employer reviews for Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!