There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Started out rough, but ended out great.

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Ability to move up within the company, yearly raises, friendly people.

Cons

The politics. DM puts a lot of pressure on the managers, which put pressure on the employees.

Treat the managers better. They do a lot more work than the District Managers, believe me.

3871 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Management is friendly and always willing to help. The associates are also very nice. Their training program is fantastic and very well written.

Cons

One or the downsides has to be the pay rates for hourly associates. They only pay minimum wage and the company has refused to do a wage survey for our area. This has resulted in the loss of some very good people.

Spend more time on the floor with the associates working one on one. Find other ways to compensate the associates since we can't offer them a pay raise.

horrible pay and benefits

I worked at Sears

Pros

flexible schedule and typically overtime is offered all the time. LOL too bad base pay sucks. not really many pros. crap benefits offered too and at high premiums for the employees.

Cons

everything. the place I worked was run down and even when they replaced the a/c units it still was never a consistent temperature. and they never have clean bathrooms no matter how much people complain.

actually listen to the employees!! corporate and stores are a horrible environment. they will be better off when they go bankrupt...

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!