There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Very nice.

Former Employee - Buyer in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Buyer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Sears

Pros

The discounts on all the stores associated with Sears.

Cons

THe long hours of work on the weekend and late nights.

none

4063 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

The most horrible retail company, period

Former Employee - Cashier in Uniontown, PA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Uniontown, PA

I worked at Sears

Pros

Sears pays you for getting customers to sign up for credit cards. If you're good at sales, you'll go far here.

Cons

The management is horrible, and that's an overstatement. They don't really care to know you as a person, all they look at is your numbers, and fire you if they're too low.

Offer better advancement opportunities. Offer raises every now and again. And don't fire your employees for an honest mistake after an 8 hour day.

My experience at Sears Outlet would not be very satisfied because of the lack of good management and work environment.

Current Employee - Apparel Processor in Hendersonville, TN
    Current Employee - Apparel Processor in Hendersonville, TN

I have been working at Sears

Pros

The only real reason that I work here for as long as I have is because of the great people that work here. They are true friends whenever you need them.

Cons

However, management is terrible. They have no idea what they are doing most of the time. A way to describe the building is moldy. You are extremely underpaid compared to other warehouse jobs that you can find. You will be belittled and humiliated by the management staff in front of every other employee. Favoritism plays a constant role in every work day. The "favorite" people that management likes get to do the fun and easy jobs and gets all of the praise for all the success; while the rest of the people get to suck it up and sweat our butts off for the company without any recognition and blame for most of the faults. You are expected to do your job and every other person's job while you are constantly working and barely making it through with your job. Have I mentioned underpaid yet? Stress is always part of a day when stress should not come in to play at all. Remember, all of this is on a good day too.

learn how to treat employees, learn how to pay properly, learn how to do a job rather than criticizing someone who knows how to do it WAY better than you, learn how to properly manage resources, do not humiliate employees in front of every other employee that is there, and most importantly make it a fun and comfortable work environment rather than a hellacious and unsanitary work environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears