Sears

www.searshc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Bruce is supportive of change.

Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Hoffman Estates, IL
Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Sears

Pros

right now, it is a very transformational place to work...nothing about the status quo is accepted; reward people well for changing, taking risks, doing things fast; don't have to spend a certain amount of time at each level. great brands (die hard, kenmore, craftsman) that can be great again. A splleping giant. Landsend is a strong brand that can be extended to a wider audience. They are very supportive of the online business an will use the stores and the web sites in connection with one another. The services business provides more in hoime cal than anyone in the U S A,

Cons

retail is not a great place in this economy...especially if you sell some deferrable bg ticket items like appliance and tractors. n retail, you have limited places you can cut costs ina bad economy. it takes a minimum amout of inventory, store labor and utilities to keep a store open. So you must cut marketing, IT and home office (people) costs to keep things going. Fortunately the owner really wants to transforme things and funds this. The old way of thinking gets weeded out. Just cut 401k contributions which i think is a mistake, but they are not alone and promise to renstate whenthe company makes more $.

don't settle...keep pushing

4475 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Anyone hiring?

Current Employee - Cashier in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Sears

Pros

I really like not doing very much and my manager never notices that I text on my cell phone all day. The other people that I work with are all pretty easy to get along with because they are doing the same thing I am, nothing. The stores not put together very well and it shows.

Cons

Pay, Pay, Pay. I can hardly afford to pay for a place in Fresno, let alone Santa Barbara. I have to work two jobs just to be able to stay afloat, and with a kid on the way I don't really know what I will do....

They don't care about us at all.

Proceed with caution

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Sears

Pros

the only reason to work here is the pay. For a part time job making over $20 per hour is as good as it gets. You are able to call in to an answering machine and work hours are reasonable. This is the best part time job I have ever had. You have to be able to deal with horrible management, moral, and company policies. But when you think about the fact that you are making over $20 per hour to do very little work as a part time job, are able to call in whenever you feel like it, and as long as you are someone motivated to succeed, it is a decent job for 6 months to a year. After that it will beat you down.

Cons

You must deal with totally incompetent retail management. Corporate policies never match with in-store policies of management. Management also has a real issue with the fact that successful sales consultants make more money than them.

Hire better in-store managers. You must also give your employees a better chance of success by not raising prices 15%-20% higher than competitors.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears