Sears

High Risk/High Reward career growth opportunity

Current Employee - Analyst in Hoffman Estates, IL
Current Employee - Analyst in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Challenging environment that will bring the best out of you. If you make it here, you'll make it anywhere.
Management tends to be candid with HQ employees; Acting CEO Johnson well respected in company. Morale seems high in spite of uncertain economy and retail industry.
Strong emphasis on management through rigorous analysis of results.
Management is paying serious attention to innovation.

Cons

Lack of capital investment: Aging stores/data systems/office equipment badly need remodels and upgrades.
Chmn/majority stockholder is a financier, not a retailer. Managers and employees wonder about long-term strategy for business.
Health benefits options a bit expensive

The company needs more investment at points of customer contact: Stores, associate training.

4297 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Good but not great

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Sears

Pros

If you like to work hard and earn your pay, then you have the potential to do well. Sears sales consultants are payed based on a sic dollar an hr draw pay plus commission. I was one of the few employees that worked hard enough to make an pretty good living. I worked there while I was in school and management worked well around my class schedule and i even got off for most football games. They really want you to sell warranties but dont offer much of an incentive to sell them.

Cons

6 dollar an hr draw pay.

Respect your employess they are a valuable asset to your company.

Sears Holdings, The Place To Be

Current Employee - Inventory Analyst
    Current Employee - Inventory Analyst

I have been working at Sears

Pros

The communication to upper management is great. Even though you are an entry level analyst, if you have a great idea, you can present it to your Manager, Director, or even VP. They love new ideas and you don't have to worry about giving it to the assistant and wondering if it will ever get to upper management. You can go directly to the source. The work environment is great. The headquarters has everything you need from laundry service, to haircut, and even a pharmacy. You can live in the office if you want.

Cons

The Health Benefits are not that great compared to other companies. One thing that stood out is that there is no Vision coverage. Other than the health benefits, the company is great.

Nothing. Keep up the good work.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears