Sears
2.5 of 5 3,174 reviews
www.searshc.com Hoffman Estates, IL 5000+ Employees

Not a place to work at if trying to work your way up the lader.

Merchandise-Pricing (Current Employee)
Merrillville, IN

I have been working at Sears part-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood for a short term job.

ConsDon't get paid enough for what you do. They don't look at the good workers and tell them they are doing a good job but rather keep talking with the bad workers. They give hours to the bad workers and the good ones get less hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo listen to the wokers and make time for the workers to be able to talk with you and feel like they are being heard.

It was a decent job for a while

Consultative Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Littleton, CO

I worked at Sears full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: commission was not bad it your in the right department Cons: Benefits were not the best Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Old Boys Club

Hoffman Estates, IL (Current Employee)
Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Sears full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I work with some good people, but the company is ran by out of touch executives and… Cons: The company is ran like a not for profit or a government agency and the company's answer to change is no pay increase, lay-offs and… Advice to Senior Management: Do you really care or is it just a job, after… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sears CEO Edward S. Lampert . All reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees.