Sears

www.searshc.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Not a place to work at if trying to work your way up the lader.

Current Employee - Merchandise-Pricing in Merrillville, IN
Current Employee - Merchandise-Pricing in Merrillville, IN

I have been working at Sears part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good for a short term job.

Cons

Don't get paid enough for what you do. They don't look at the good workers and tell them they are doing a good job but rather keep talking with the bad workers. They give hours to the bad workers and the good ones get less hours.

To listen to the wokers and make time for the workers to be able to talk with you and feel like they are being heard.

4635 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Sold HVAC in Wisconsin

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Sears full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Sharpened my sales skills selling under the 10 steps Sears teaches you. Tuesday meetings you are given lunch.

Cons

Never told how you are compensated, I was forced to sign a document stating I was told. Promised to be given this document and never was. You will kill your car as you drive anywhere from 300-1000 miles per week. You are only paid .20 cents per mile. When your supervisor goes out with you on a sales call they are paid a higher commission than you. Sears is more much expensive on HVAC because of their labor and product charges. I am told much more on Roofs and Window product lines. Treated each employee different and this was obvious. Management makes you feel guilty during the busy season if you want time off. When things are slow, leads disappear and then you are forced to self generate your own leads. You will not get rich working at Sears

Stop talking about employee's in an open area. I saw you do it on a few occasions. Don't force us to sign a document and never present to us how we are compensated. Finally, learn to control your employee's during sales meetings. Who needs to hear comments and crude remarks from others.

Lots of great people, good opportunities, pay and benefits are a different story

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Great people to work with
    - Lots of developmental opportunities
    - Basic benefits available

I am lucky to have a great boss and to work with an awesome senior leadership team. My job gives me some flexibility in my work hours which makes for a good work-life balance. Opportunities to move up are available for hourly associates as well as salaried but it has become harder and harder to move up because there is a lot of competition because people are forced to move up for a pay increase.

Cons

Pay and benefits are ridiculous. Salary is way below market and not competitive. Bonus structure for support groups is set up to never allow manager to receive the full bonus. There is no transparency in the pay range for a certain position and pay for the identical salaried position (same job description, identical responsibilities) varies greatly, in my role up to over 20%. There are basically no raises so you are pretty much forced to move up in order to get a developmental raise (if you are lucky though, because since a few years they deem everything a "lateral move")
    Health insurance is too expensive for the coverage provided. Sears no longer matches 401K contributions.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears