Sears

www.searshc.com

Zero stability revolving door in middle management in the field.

MPA (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOur store manager genuinely cared about us as people, not just drones for dollars and credit apps. He engaged each of us as individuals, knew about our lives, and overall, made each of us feel important. Our morale grew under his leadership. The customers knew him by name. Store metrics continued to improved after being the bottom performer prior to his arrival. He believed in us and proved it.

ConsThen they let him go. Went from a 5 star rating to 3 just because of that action. Six DMs in the past 3 years and as many regional managers, the SM held it and us together . Aged fixtures from the middle part of the last century, broken, damaged. POS as old as the fixtures. Yet another new manager. Lot's of unknown about the company's future.. We are asked to rate the CEO. Who is he? He has never been to our store. We have had one visit in my tenure from somebody with a VP title.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the revolving door with the DMs and company "directives of the month. " The new technology (IPADs, IPODS, etc.) are great but spend more money on the fixtures and store conditions that make the customers shopping experience more comfortable. Need more support in our store from the corporate office just like you give Woodfield, West Dundee, Oak Brook, State Street. Our customers always ask why our store doesn't get the same treatment as the suburban stores. Leaking roof, iffy air conditioner.

Tough crowd to please

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

I worked at Sears full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great People work at Sears Cons: Decisions are made in the heat of the moment, with little regard for market trends… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

As a service.advisor no career in this company

SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee) Bronx, NY

I have been working at Sears part-time for less than a year

Pros: Friendly coworkers, that is really it Cons: Low pay and commission,standing all day, confusion with paper work Advice to Senior Management: Tighten up No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!