Sears

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Receiving Associate

Current Employee - Receiving Associate in Tallahassee, FL
Current Employee - Receiving Associate in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Sears full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I made some lifelong friends here. Thats about it.

Cons

I certainly am not bitter, I left on very good terms, but management was unbelievably rude and professional in general during my entire tenure. Pay was abysmal, workload was unreasonable.

Be respectful.

4608 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Field Industrial Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Field Industrial Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can buy more vacation up to 2 additional weeks.

Cons

No raise, company hasn't given raises in 5 years

Revamp stores.

Zero stability revolving door in middle management in the field.

Current Employee - MPA in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - MPA in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Our store manager genuinely cared about us as people, not just drones for dollars and credit apps. He engaged each of us as individuals, knew about our lives, and overall, made each of us feel important. Our morale grew under his leadership. The customers knew him by name. Store metrics continued to improved after being the bottom performer prior to his arrival. He believed in us and proved it.

Cons

Then they let him go. Went from a 5 star rating to 3 just because of that action. Six DMs in the past 3 years and as many regional managers, the SM held it and us together . Aged fixtures from the middle part of the last century, broken, damaged. POS as old as the fixtures. Yet another new manager. Lot's of unknown about the company's future.. We are asked to rate the CEO. Who is he? He has never been to our store. We have had one visit in my tenure from somebody with a VP title.

Stop the revolving door with the DMs and company "directives of the month. " The new technology (IPADs, IPODS, etc.) are great but spend more money on the fixtures and store conditions that make the customers shopping experience more comfortable. Need more support in our store from the corporate office just like you give Woodfield, West Dundee, Oak Brook, State Street. Our customers always ask why our store doesn't get the same treatment as the suburban stores. Leaking roof, iffy air conditioner.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears