Sears

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

past 5 years disappointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Sears full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

was a good place to work at one time, valued work life balance and decent, not great, benefits

Cons

Management will not listen to staff.
work life balance no longer exists
high turnover in stores
lack of direction

get a merchant to run the place
treat staff with respect, yelling does not motivate, it infuriates
compensate to market

4479 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Stay away if you can

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sears part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's part-time 32 hours you can work another job and work this one.

Cons

Customers always complaining, management either doesn't care or writes you up for something silly.

To start caring for employees and once you do that the turn-over rate will lower. Offer 40 hours instead of paying for building improvements.

Poorly managed from the store level up!

Former Employee - Sales in Woodbury, MN
    Former Employee - Sales in Woodbury, MN

I worked at Sears full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you have any selling and people skills what so ever, you will stand out among employees who have been there awhile who are just warm bodies.

Cons

-I worked here for 2.5 months, and no one, even my manager, was able to fully explain and show me how commissions were figured to know if I was being paid what I was supposed to be paid.
    -The job is paid full commission, which is a good thing, however, they care more about how well your co-workers like you than they do about your production. If you are all 'duckies and bunnies', then this is the place for you!
    -Management has no clue what they are doing or how to run a business successfully! They have even admitted to have the some of the worst customer service feedback among all other Sears stores.
    - Unless you know everything there is to know about selling and appliances, you will not have much a chance here. My 2 week "training" period was spend looking at poorly produced training packets and very little one on one time with my manager or their so called trainer. out of 80 hours of training, I received maybe 20min. of actual training on the job and computer systems.

You need to re-evaluate what your company's objectives are! It sounds like my termination is not the first time this company has cut ties with it's very best salespeople with very little cause. Your area manager and district manager in the MN regions have no clue as to what they are doing. It's not just a disgruntled former employee venting, it's a fact!

There are newer employer reviews for Sears