Sears

www.searshc.com
  www.searshc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Horrible, avoid at all costs!

Current Employee - Cashier in Cerritos, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at Sears part-time (more than an year)

Pros

None actually, other than getting a paycheck which won't be much by the way. They pay minimum wage and that's it! No raises and doesn't matter how much experience you have!!!

Cons

Boy where do I start? Guess I will start with management, never in my life have I encountered a more unprofessional management team than Sears. They do not care about customers and can care less about their employees. You will be on their bad side if you don't meet their goals (they get a nice paycheck for it) while you get nothing and are yelled at all the time. I was even yelled at when I gave my notice for getting another job, seriously a joke. Avoid this place like the plague unless you're seriously desperate. I have never ever been so disrespected in my life until I started working there. You're nothing more but a slave to them. They say they are flexible but will get mad at you for not being available all the time since people quit all the time because the company is no good.

Stop being so unprofessional! That is why you fail.

4265 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management opportunity and advancement opportunity are plentiful.

Cons

Budget cuts, lack of stability.

Stand by your management team.

Tough Culture

Former Employee - Program Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sears full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers and solid opportunities to build relationships with those people. Relatively innovative digital projects and technologies. Solid technical team.

Cons

People tend to be promoted into top management roles before they are ready. Multiple managers in a short period of time. Morale can be low. Ever shifting goals and priorities make it hard to keep up. Employee discount is nice.

Stability and consistency in management would help to improve the morale. Constant shifts in priorities and goals make it challenging to understand what is required. Stay the course for six months at a time to provide the stability that employees crave in a large, legacy organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears