Sears
2.5 of 5 3,539 reviews
www.searshc.com Hoffman Estates, IL 5000+ Employees

Horrible, avoid at all costs!

Cashier (Current Employee)
Cerritos, CA

ProsNone actually, other than getting a paycheck which won't be much by the way. They pay minimum wage and that's it! No raises and doesn't matter how much experience you have!!!

ConsBoy where do I start? Guess I will start with management, never in my life have I encountered a more unprofessional management team than Sears. They do not care about customers and can care less about their employees. You will be on their bad side if you don't meet their goals (they get a nice paycheck for it) while you get nothing and are yelled at all the time. I was even yelled at when I gave my notice for getting another job, seriously a joke. Avoid this place like the plague unless you're seriously desperate. I have never ever been so disrespected in my life until I started working there. You're nothing more but a slave to them. They say they are flexible but will get mad at you for not being available all the time since people quit all the time because the company is no good.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so unprofessional! That is why you fail.

past 5 years disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Sears full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: was a good place to work at one time, valued… Cons: Management will not listen to staff. work life balance… Advice to Senior Management: get a merchant to run the place treat staff with respect,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company needs to evaluate these so called managers and trainers!!! (Round Rock)

Call Center Representative (Former Employee)
    Round Rock, TX

I worked at Sears full-time for less than a year

Pros: Interview was fairly easy the two that were interviewing me… Cons: First off there were two trainers on two different planets! They didn't know how to communicate with each other, and definitely not to us. I… Advice to Senior Management: Need to pay more attention to the employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sears CEO Edward S. Lampert . All reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees.