Sears

www.searshc.com

Sears once had an awesome culture. Then Eddie Lampert happened.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsIn commission sales areas scheduling is very flexible and as long as you consistently hit your monthly sales goals it's a low pressure work environment. The employee discount, when combined with Sears' ridiculous clearance prices can be pretty sweet. I've bought several TVs and appliances for hundreds of dollars below cost.

ConsI've worked in several stores in different regions of Oregon over a period of eight years and while the management at the store level is generally competent the higher levels: district, region, and corporate are out of touch and seem to be more interested in politics and maneuvering than actually helping the stores stay profitable.

In the consultative selling areas the commission structure has been gutted so badly that all the top sales guys have started jumping ship. If you compensate a salesperson like they were nothing more than a cashier, that's what you'll end up with.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to go back to what worked. When I started at Sears, before it ever became Sears Holdings Corporation, we had an amazing culture and a compensation structure that ensured retention of the absolute best salespeople. In 2005 when you enacted all the policies around "Sowing the Seeds of Corporate Culture," what you actually did was destroy a thriving, productive culture in your attempts to make all the stores the same.

Also, don't try to compete on price. Price is not what set Brand Central apart from the other guys. It was personalized consultative selling by knowledgeable and friendly salespeople.

Wonderful work place

Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Sears part-time for more than a year

Pros: -Fun, interesting management -Flexible hours -Nice customer experiences Cons: -Pay is minimum wage, worked there for 2.5 years with… Advice to Senior Management: Reward those who have worked hard and stayed with you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

home appliance sales glen burnie md

Home Appliance Sales (Current Employee) Glen Burnie, MD

I have been working at Sears part-time for more than a year

Pros: good pay for the work you do Cons: management in store and above are to needy. its a what have you done for me lately place.… Advice to Senior Management: try working a day in your employees shoes before weighing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!