Sears

www.searshc.com

Growth possible, but achievement feels empty

MCA (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsYou could easily shoot up in this company if you are intelligent and hardworking, because those that work here are often not very strong competition.
If you are a good employee, they can be very flexible with hours.

ConsYou have virtually no control over the processes you are asked to oversee; the systems are slow and out-of-date, and you often feel completely unimportant because you are given an archaic, frustrating toolkit.
Full-time employment is nearly unheard of in non-sales, non-management roles.
Pay is awful, and getting above minimum wage is a difficult and rarely actualized pursuit.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate management needs to trim the fat, and focus more on dollars-per-square-foot in their stores so they look and feel less like a Big Lots and a Pay Less, and more like a Macy's and a Lowe's.

unhappy employee's make the job hard because on low wages and compensation

Store Manager (Current Employee) Braintree, MA

I have been working at Sears full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The upper management support the team at the store level Cons: employees do not care about there job,which in turn show on the customer experience very difficult to change that kind of attitude if they are… Advice to Senior Management: Change the compensation for all levels of staff make them value there jobs and always strive to be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Depends on location

Softlines ASM (Current Employee) Cheyenne, WY

I have been working at Sears full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Competitive salary, room for advancement, great associates. Cons: Cheyenne location poorly managed. Policy followed inconsistently, favorites get what they want and those that are not on the favorite list are targeted, store is… Advice to Senior Management: Interview associates in store don't always believe 100% what SGM's… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!