Good potential, but absurd structuring

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Sears full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The compensation for sales professionals is pretty good, and we have some of the best product offerings and customer support in the appliance industry.

Cons

There's no sensible upwards progression. If I tried for management, I would have to take a large paycut as both a lead and as an assistant store manager. The best talent is by design going to stay out of the positions where they could help further the company the most.

Unburden your front line associates, give them flexibility in their jobs and selling processes, and give us a reason to go further up.

Other Reviews for Sears

It's hard to stay loyal to a company like Sears Holdings.

I have been working at Sears full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great People, I love everyone I work with. The office is very nice.

Cons

Every strategy is outdated, and ideas that seem beneficial are never able to actually execute in the Sears environment. I think we've lost who the customer is.

The company is getting better but there is still work to be done

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Good family friend store that prefers to promote within and grow from within the Sears team

Cons

Long crazy hours and no appreciation for worklife balance, no formal onboarding training that is clearly followed for anyone

It would be nice if there was an official onboard process particularly for salaried managers. I was promoted from within and I would have love to learned more with an experienced manager in my position. Most of what I know I have learned along the way.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!