There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Sears has given me many promotion opportunities over the short years I've been with the company

Current Employee - Sales Associate in La Crosse, WI
Current Employee - Sales Associate in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, lots of promotions, big company can teach you a lot

Cons

Low pay for cashiers/sales associates

Advice to Management

Be more employee-oriented, pay a higher wage to gain the best workers in the labor force

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. to sears or not to sears

Former Employee - Customer Solutions Management Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Solutions Management Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Sears full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pay is ok but not worth the slavery

Cons

personally ... i got fired due to the fact that they said i worked for another sears .. HAD NO PROOF.... did not tell me i was fired ... i just happen to call and was told i had been fired 2 weeks ago... the training u will learn how to eat and make pot lucks... ohh and asking for help is like asking a fish how to walk.... ok pay tho 12.25$ if u wrk in customer solutions ......

Advice to Management

more training !!

I&TG Team Manager

Former Employee - IT Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Sears full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company works with bleeding edge technology. Process oriented, but not so locked down that you can't find a better way. Senior management is accessible. Pay is at the top end of industry averages.

Cons

Due to tight budgets many legacy systems are long past their MTTF. Much of the most talented people are leaving or being let go as many functions are off shored. Also too focused on hitting the milestones over getting it right.

Advice to Management

Need more focus on quality. 75% is not "good enough" to push a public facing application or applications used by public facing associates to production. Commitments to the customer need to take president over commitments to the CIO. Moving support and development off shore does not yield savings in the long term since it takes more FTEs to produce at the same level due to training and skills imbalance and local work rules.