It's A Wonderful Learning Journey

Current Employee - Cashier in West Covina, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in West Covina, CA

I have been working at Sears part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love that they give us hourly pay and commission. The team is great and they are very flexible with hrs.

Cons

Some bad things about this corporation is the fact that cashiers start at minimum wage. A little more would be a big morale booster and would help engage the employees to push their work to their limit.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

1. Everyone

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Don't work at Sears. It needs to go out of business. Poor customer service in not taking their HE2t Washer off the market. Poor customer service in not allowing customers to return a poor product.

Advice to Management

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Where do I begin!?

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Deland, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Deland, FL

I worked at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job does help with your people skills but thats something you more have to learn on your own, but they do give some pointers along the way.

Cons

Pay is terrible and since 2009 at least in my division (Outlet stores) there was a pay freeze meaning no one anywhere saw a raise. The sales goals are not identified to each store ( we were a very small store and they wanted full store numbers) All of the computer systems are ancient! We were working with DOS and Windows 98 until just before I left they upgraded us to Windows 2000....woo... my original manager was awesome and did his job well, but eventually he got so tired of all the crap he gave up and he originally worked for the guys in Chicago. This is NOT a good place to work if it's all you got then take it but be looking for somewhere else to go because they will work you 39.5 hours on all holidays except Christmas (We didn't even get Thanksgiving this year) and they will absolutely run you ragged and the sales tools and guidelines are NOT how customers should be treated!

Advice to Management

WAKE UP! Pay attention to each store, not their numbers, find out why there's an issue, and make sales goals/incentives reasonable to each store. And dear lord would it hurt for a touch of new paint or some new computers? Customers see it and think the same things we do!