Sears
2.5 of 5 3,540 reviews
www.searshc.com Hoffman Estates, IL 5000+ Employees

Was a counter Manager for 18 years now I'm a department Manager for two departments.

Department Manager (Current Employee)
Sudbury, ON (Canada)

ProsSears have been very good to me, you work hard you can go up in the company.
They have incentive to get you there.
They are very customer service, which I agree 100%.I would say that this compamy that I have made great friends through my customers and my co-w0rkers.

ConsThere at times is way too much paper work for associates to do or even management.
Recordings that you have to do , ,most of it they have access to it.
There is alot of double information. I imagine every company is the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management are pretty fair with their staff , there is always a few that their job goes to their heads, but most of the time management are great to work with and are great with associates.

Good for longevity, tough for promotable opportunities if not willing to relocate long distances

Store General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sears full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: flexible work schedule determine own success Cons: direction of company is questionable poor decisions being made in levels… Advice to Senior Management: Not sure right people are in right positions to drive… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

very good until 2010, after that poor management choices to lead the stores and the departments.

Department Manager (Former Employee)
    Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Sears full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good work life balance. Good benefits. Cons: The wrong people being chosen to lead the store teams.… Advice to Senior Management: You need to attract a much better group of people with the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sears CEO Edward S. Lampert . All reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees.