Its a job

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Its a job that pays me enough to get by.

Cons

Its a job that only does a few things within the mechanic field.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Sears is ok used to be better

Former Employee - Auto Service Advisor in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Auto Service Advisor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Sears full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours. Oppurtunites for advancement if you show an interest in doing so and work hard. I like the flexible hours the best.

Cons

Pay is very substandard for both managers and regular retail employees. Not competitive within the industry. Benefits have gone down since days of old.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better. Since Sears Holdings took over things have gone downhill in both morale and benefits.longterm retention is key.

2. Just an okay company.

Former Employee - Technician Level II in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Technician Level II in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Sears full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Averaged $10+ an hour without my Bachelor's at the time. - Started out PT, offered FT with benefits after six months.

Cons

- Would frequently want you to do things outside of your job description like painting, waxing floors, etc. I was an automotive technician and none of this was in my job description. I'm happy to put in extra hours, clean up after myself, etc. but it was not gravy being a painter, janitor, etc. The worst part about this is I was paid minimum wage hourly + commission per automotive job, so when I did these jobs outside of my job description I was making minimum wage. - I was sexually harassed by a woman employee. I know that sounds unusual but I swear it the truth. The most offensive thing to me was that nobody there would even look into it. They assumed I had to be lying just because she was a woman or something... It's been found these things can go both ways these days, any decent manager should know that...