Sears

www.searshc.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

It was chill. hated the what we had to wear. nice discount. would not work there again. mangement was chill.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Langhorne, PA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Langhorne, PA

I have been working at Sears part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management was great, very chill, good hours, great discounts, discounts in other places, nice high school job

Cons

Sometimes they would call you in at the last minute to work, or to get you off the schedule, there was a lady there that smelled like a cat. I hate when we follow management instructions to not return certain things, and when the customers ask to speak to the manager to return it, the management lets them return it, it makes you look stupid. Management needs to back their employees

no advice, management is great. They just need to back their employees

4615 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Circling the drain - they are going down.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sears full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent salary. Hardworking and loyal hourly associates. Good opportunity for an initial big box SGM role. Corporate training in Chicago is exemplary but does not trickle down to the store level.

Cons

Panicked District Management, Incessant pressure to perform in areas beyond your control. (example - "you need to increase foot traffic in your building." - really? DMs who play politics instead of getting the job done.

When you kill the bonus program for 90% of the management in the company - telling us its "an exciting new program" doesnt fool anyone. District Managers have no intergrity with metrics.

Sears is ok used to be better

Former Employee - Auto Service Advisor in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Auto Service Advisor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Sears full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours. Oppurtunites for advancement if you show an interest in doing so and work hard.
    I like the flexible hours the best.

Cons

Pay is very substandard for both managers and regular retail employees. Not competitive within the industry. Benefits have gone down since days of old.

Pay your employees better. Since Sears Holdings took over things have gone downhill in both morale and benefits.longterm retention is key.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears