Sears

www.searshc.com

Salaried staff overworked, underpaid

Pros

Good Values, culture, good people to work with

Cons

Work/Life balance is not taken into consideration for people with families

Other reviews for Sears

Like my job, hate my pay.

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

Pros

Most of the teams work well together and respect each other. The store I work for values good customer service and shows appreciation for good work done by employees.

Cons

If you want a cashier position beware, cashiers are expected to be hardcore salespeople. If i were a good salesperson I would have a job with much better commission than sears gives. As a cashier your job goes beyond ringing transactions. You must harass the customer by asking if they want to apply for credit 3 times, join up for loyalty program,they say no you must explain ten benefits of belonging, ask if they would like to give you their email address, if so, do they want email or e and print receipt, and finally as they are trying desperately to get away hand them a foot long receipt and multiple coupons while circling the e- address asking for feedback on their experience while telling them about the weekly gift card contest. Tired of reading this? Imagine the customer. Oh, and my son makes more working at Taco Bell beginning his first day than I do after 4 yrs or expect too as there is a freeze on pay raise.

Listen to the "low level" employees. They have great insight as to customers needs and wants. Stop wasting paper on ads that lay on the counter and are tossed after a week, cash register coupons that I have rarely seen being used, etc and use that money to give employees a raise..You may have less turnaround thus the cost of training yet another new employee who may stay for a year.

Sometimes frustrating, challenging, but overall great place to learn about business and retail.

Current Employee - Advisor  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Advisor in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

Training is ongoing, but you have to take the initiative to learn. Able to build long term professional relationships with co-workers nation wide.

Cons

Slow advancement. Raises are far and few between if they happen at all.

Take better care of the people who have made an obvious commitment to your company, pay them well as they are the ones who will drive success and profit for your company.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!