Sears
2.5 of 5 3,540 reviews
www.searshc.com Hoffman Estates, IL 5000+ Employees

Not My Favorite Place I've Worked

Electronics Salesman (Former Employee)
Hutchinson, KS

ProsHad some good managers and some good coworkers. Plenty of tools to help me as a salesman. Some good quality products to sell.

ConsTerrible employee selection process, so many employees fired for stealing. Tried to pass on ideas to management such as being able to view schedules online which I think is reasonable and all I got was "You don't need that." Worked there from 16-18 as a good hardworking honest employee and was always talked to like a kid. Any technology we had in the store or even brought in for system changes was archaic. The ac had to be repaired every month of use which Im assuming was bad for business living in KS with temps upwards of 110. Management constantly insisted on "no backstock" which crammed the shelves and took up way to much floor space which made the store unpleasant to look at.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstill a cooperative culture in the company. Let the employees be heard if this company doesn't crash and burn before that.

Sears work life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Melbourne, FL

I worked at Sears full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Unlimited training, good benefits and employee discounts. Cons: No. Work Life balance. Expected to work every day. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall not bad

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    York, PA

I worked at Sears part-time for less than a year

Pros: The interview was easy. I completed the application online, and interviewed within a few days. I have a lot of retail management background, and… Cons: Training was split between real life and computer learning. Most of the computer learning did not teach you how to do the job. Working in… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention. The management in the store was often… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sears CEO Edward S. Lampert . All reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees.