Sales- Tools

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to have a flexible schedule since it was a part-time job, management and other sales people were helpful teaching how operations worked. I like tools so it was easy for me to like the job. Discount at the store.

Cons

They have requirement to sign up credit cards, not great pay but it was just for extra money so not so bad. I spent most of my money I made on new tools

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

1. Sales consultant

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Sears full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great training program. lots of time between appts.

Cons

long drives, too many meetings.

Advice to Management

work with new reps to make sure they keep the commission by not making the same mistakes.

The WORST company I have ever worked for!!!!!

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Sears full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The location was close to where I reside.

Cons

Poor Management! Archaic Computer systems. Inefficient policies and procedures. Horrible benefits and non competitive salary. Excessive employee turnover with many positions never refilled. Morale at an all time low!, no career path, and most importantly NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE. Sears doesn't care about you or your family and feels you should be happy that you have a job. They want you to sell you soul! You would make more on unemployment after you do the math!

Advice to Management

You get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar!! Treat people with dignity and respect instead of threatening and intimidating! Hire qualified management that knows how to motivate and properly train their employees and help them prosper. Show value in the employees rather than burn them out and run them out! Change the culture to make it a more friendly place and comfortable environment to work in. Stop treating employees like inmates!