Sears

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Good first job

Current Employee - MCA in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - MCA in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sears part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Accepts people with little to no job history
Moderate amount of hours
Friendly coworkrs

Cons

Minimum wage with no chance for raise
Little to no chance of advancing in carrer
Connections advance your career, not performance

Acknowledge and reward well performing employees, not people you are friends with.

4265 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

I do not recommend

Current Employee - Apparel Associate
    Current Employee - Apparel Associate

I have been working at Sears part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I cant think of any yet!

Cons

I just started working here but I already am very unhappy. The training is non-existent. They pretty much throw you to the wolves and when you ask for help from other employees, the look at you like you are stupid (at my store, anyways). The manager is never near when you need them to be. They run around like chickens with their heads cut-off. Very unorganized. My employee ID # didn't work so HR said they would find out what the problem was and never got back to me. The one who said she was going to fix it is never in the office when I work and no one knows anything. Again, I haven't done any online training, it seems its not a priority to them even though its a requirement. My manager told another employee (my real life friend- different dept) to tell me to check my schedule online for this upcoming week but I have never received an ID or password for the website so I have to keep calling in to know my schedule. Also, I still don't know how to time in or out even though I have asked my manager... "Uh, you can do it on the cash register" was all I got.
    I haven't started the cash register YET but I will soon and Ive heard horror stories already about pretty much learning yourself, don't expect even simple training. I understand some of the things are common sense and laid out for you but others aren't and it just seems like it will be a difficult thing, when it shouldn't. I've had other retail jobs where at least the manager stood next to you on the first couple of ring up just in case... not here, I guess. Oh, and the constant demand to sell credit is ridiculous. Im sure I will be yelled at constantly for that one.

I am currently looking for another job as I write this!

Cheap

Current Employee - Backroom Associate
    Current Employee - Backroom Associate

I have been working at Sears part-time (more than an year)

Pros

good Leads, and decent managers, does work around school and life

Cons

pay is horrible, no room for advancement, they play favorites, asks for incredible amount of work to be done yet pays you peanuts. outdated equipment and blame unfairly placed on the ones who are expected to do everything.

if somebody has done everything you have asked and worked there for years try to care and get them a raise

There are newer employer reviews for Sears