There are newer employer reviews for Sears

I'm lucky to work in the department with a good manager

Current Employee - Footwear MCA
Current Employee - Footwear MCA

I have been working at Sears part-time (more than a year)

Pros

As an mca I get to assist customers and organize the department, two things I enjoy. Most who come to sears expect bad service and it's surprising to them when they are proved wrong. Good pay, and my co-workers are always willing to help other employees and customers, its a nice environment.

Cons

Some managers do not seem qualified for their job and like to micro-manage outside of their department. Hours get cut very often (I'm lucky if I have over 20) and schedules change every week.

Take a look at the way some managers do their job, they are not good examples nor are they fair to employees.

reviews filtered by

poor employee moral

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than a year)

Pros

commission sales can be lucrative...

Cons

delivery issues, installation issues, focus in on ipad sales and not on customer service...takes twice as long to do transactions on ipad vs. register....constantly badgered about metrics

replace delivery team, replace installation team, shorten response time on service calls, spend some money on physical stores to revamp them after all it generates 97% of your business....

2. Why Sears is a dying company

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Barboursville, WV
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Barboursville, WV

I worked at Sears full-time (more than a year)

Pros

As once being a manager at Sears I can not honestly give any pros for them

Cons

Sears Systems are cunfusing, still tring to hold onto the old. They do not pay their hourly associates enough,even their leads are under paided. Associated that work there haven't had a raise in at least 5 years and they feel that no one cares. Moral is poor and this reflects to their poor customer service.

Completly overhaul the systems, the app sytem that you are going tois a good start but you need to purge the old. Treat associate with respect and give raises based on their performance this will help with the moral issue and also help with bringing in new associates. And as for pebble posts , I can see doing but not on a weekend when that your busyest days, You can nothave your management tied up in this they need to be on the floor driving sales and addressing customer issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears