Sears
2.5 of 5 3,184 reviews
www.searshc.com Hoffman Estates, IL 5000+ Employees

I'm lucky to work in the department with a good manager

Footwear MCA (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sears part-time for more than a year

ProsAs an mca I get to assist customers and organize the department, two things I enjoy. Most who come to sears expect bad service and it's surprising to them when they are proved wrong. Good pay, and my co-workers are always willing to help other employees and customers, its a nice environment.

ConsSome managers do not seem qualified for their job and like to micro-manage outside of their department. Hours get cut very often (I'm lucky if I have over 20) and schedules change every week.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the way some managers do their job, they are not good examples nor are they fair to employees.

poor employee moral

I have been working at Sears full-time for more than a year

Pros: commission sales can be lucrative... Cons: delivery issues, installation issues, focus in on ipad sales and not on customer… Advice to Senior Management: replace delivery team, replace installation team, shorten response time on service calls, spend some… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awful company to work for

Consultative Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sears part-time

Pros: Assistant store managers are quality people. In general, employees in the store are pleasant.… Cons: Corporate management is downright awful, strict focus on metrics that are useless, such as Shop Your Way Rewards enrollment percentage, amount of transactions… Advice to Senior Management: Stop circling the wagons to protect your jobs. Listen to your floor… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sears CEO Edward S. Lampert . All reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees.