There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Great if your motivated

Former Employee - Automotive Sales Associate  in  Tyler, TX
Former Employee - Automotive Sales Associate in Tyler, TX

I worked at Sears part-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible schedule, great coworkers, extensive training, knowledgeable managers.

Cons

Base plus commission. When its slow your just getting your base pay.

Great company. Advertising more about products would help.

3861 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Hostile working environment for BC ASM position.

Current Employee - BC ASM  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - BC ASM in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sears full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive pay structure to other retailers for management positions. Emphasis on training for management and consultative selling associates. Health Benefit Plans offered( but extremely costly).

Cons

Very hostile work environment for BC ASM. Profitability, margin and sales should be the primary drivers of the business but far too much time for management is spent on tasks that are irrelevant to driving these 3 key metrics. Management is forced to work 10 hour work days when very often the workload requires significantly less time. Management is forced to work split shifts during the Holiday season. Management is forced to work 6 days a week periodically throughout the year when workload and projected sales show it is completely unnecessary.

Former Refrigeration Appliance Technician

Former Employee - Refrigeration Appliance Technician  in  Glen Burnie, MD
    Former Employee - Refrigeration Appliance Technician in Glen Burnie, MD

I worked at Sears full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked with a great group of technicians for the most part. Sears did give me my first real chance after technical school.

Cons

Long hours, no raises, employees constantly quitting, irate customers, 401k plans but no matching, disrespectful managers, have to do everyone's job as well as your own, long travel time to and from calls.

Management needs to hire on good working employees and enough of them to get the thejob done without technicians having to put in 60-80 hours a week. Don't tell us our district profited 8 million dollars and still give zero raises. If an employee tells you they are getting burnt out, then you don't tell them to find another career. Management needs to work with technicians so they can get rested up and get back to the daily grind.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!