Sears

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Very strenuous work.

Former Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Sears full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the benefits they offer are pretty decent. Their are also many locations to choose from. Finding one to work at should not be a problem.

Cons

as a cashier, there were not enough hours. Management also was an issue...instead of promoting who was qualified, they like to promote by seniority. But this does not always result in the best person for the job.

hire qualified managers.

4644 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

I like the people I work with.

I have been working at Sears

Pros

I like the people I work with. My managers always try to work around my busy life and unexpected circumstances. Listen to what I have to say.

Cons

Lots of pressure to meet many many goals and metrics. I understand that's where the money is but sometimes my best just does not meet the goals.

Numbers, Numbers, Numbers

Current Employee - Appliance Repair Tech in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Appliance Repair Tech in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Sears full-time (less than a year)

Pros

First let me state that I work for A&E Factory Service (one of many brands under the Sears Holdings Umbrella), That said here's my review. Above average pay, company vehicle, company tools. company fuel card.

Cons

Budget cuts hitting so hard they scrutinize everything you do, they micro manage to the point that they monitor how much your on the phone , and even how long you let the van idle. They don't give a s**t about you as a person, all they care about are your numbers. They track everything from completion percentage, to number of attempts, number of completes, average time to repair, cost of parts ordered, cost per repair, amount of sales, etc. That's another downside, they no longer give raises!! not even a cost of living raise!! They throw out this pitch that we are in control of our own raises by earning commissions on selling extended warranties, cleaners, water filters, and even fire extinguishers. The problem is customers, for the most part just want us to fix the problem and leave. They aren't interested in having someone in their home pushing a sales pitch at them, and when you can't sell anything then you don't get a "raise" and they get onto you for not selling. If I wanted a sales job I would have applied for a sales position, I wanted to work as a Service Tech and therefore I applied for a position as an Appliance Repair Tech.

Be more supportive of your employees, without us you have no company! I have yet to hear more than 1 or 2 compliments come out of any manager or supervisor directed at anyone. Yet, at every meeting we hear plenty of comments about how we need to improve our numbers in one category or another, seems like nothing we do is ever good enough! I understand there is always room for improvement; but hearing the positive reinforcement, and compliments when we do something right would go a long way toward raising morale, and helping us continue to improve. Reinstating raises would also be a HUGE bonus!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Sears