Sears

www.searshc.com
  www.searshc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Sears is a great place to work at during college but a dead end after that.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pineville, NC
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pineville, NC

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, who will really help you when there is a question. Also, great discount and benefits as you can get a discount at Sears and Kmart.

Cons

Basically no room for growth. Management is very disconnected. All they care about is the bottom line and that will probably lead them to fall very soon as a company.

Need to create a better culture of future growth for employees.

4183 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

very good

Current Employee - Retail Associate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Retail Associate in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than an year)

Pros

very flexable schedule , great student job

Cons

the pay is rather low in comparison to other retail companies

take in to consideration employees ideas for making things better in the work-place

Sinking Ship

Current Employee - Warehouse
    Current Employee - Warehouse

I have been working at Sears part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, (Had) flexible hours, the store manager has been the best boss I've have had. I really love my job but it's turning into a nightmare. If you need quick cash and experience, it's fine.

Cons

Was nice when it started. Then people retired and those open jobs were left open for weeks, causing everyone to share responsibilities (A month and a half, we still have no HR person). Minimal paid with no hope of any increase. Warehouse is now down to three guys and all of us only get 25+ hours a week. Excepted to work warehouse alone for hours and working during lunches. Handheld computers disconnect from the network everywhere, making any work twice as hard. Corporate doesn't seem to care about either customers or employees, only credit apps, warranties, and other easy fast profit makers. Feels like we're all just going through the motions.

Major thing is our repair center seems to have giving up. Items return un-repaired and customers are charged for non-existent parts and labor. Or don't return at all/ missing parts and customers are called and told it's at the store. This leads to many unhappy customers that never return. Management have seem to given up on the issue.

Cut corporate fat, not employee paid/hours/benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears