Sears

www.searshc.com

Sears Call Center in West Des Moines, IA

Team Manager (Current Employee) West Des Moines, IA

ProsThe Sears call center felt more like a corporate environment than a call center. Employees were empowered to satisfy the customer and employees at the call center associate level were compensated well at $11 an hour for just having a high school degree. That made it easier to be their manager because most wanted to be there.

ConsThe communication between other offices and departments at Sears was poor. It was not very organized to call some of the people we had to deal with and some people had no idea my department existed. I also worked in a new department that had no way of seeing our sales figures and had no goals. Somewhat chaotic, but still able to get the job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen launching a new department for the call center, ensure all loose ends are tied up and employees have exact figures and metrics to rate themselves by.

Would not recommend even to my worst enemy.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Baytown, TX

I have been working at Sears

Pros: Flexible around school schedule, can usually take time off as… Cons: Horrible disctount, management is very ignorant of policies and rules, which is detrimental to a large company's future success and the success of it's employees.… Advice to Senior Management: Give employees the tools they need to meet your expectations instead of expecting us to create gold out of nothing. Communicate with eachother to let… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Honest Opinion of Sears

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gainesville, FL

I worked at Sears

Pros: Depending on the store, it is a great experience because… Cons: A lot of work, not enough time. Is falling behind… Advice to Senior Management: More communication of important process changes by Managers and Associates. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!