Sears

Sears Call Center in West Des Moines, IA

Current Employee - Team Manager in West Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Team Manager in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Sears

Pros

The Sears call center felt more like a corporate environment than a call center. Employees were empowered to satisfy the customer and employees at the call center associate level were compensated well at $11 an hour for just having a high school degree. That made it easier to be their manager because most wanted to be there.

Cons

The communication between other offices and departments at Sears was poor. It was not very organized to call some of the people we had to deal with and some people had no idea my department existed. I also worked in a new department that had no way of seeing our sales figures and had no goals. Somewhat chaotic, but still able to get the job done.

When launching a new department for the call center, ensure all loose ends are tied up and employees have exact figures and metrics to rate themselves by.

4296 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Honest Opinion of Sears

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Sears

Pros

Depending on the store, it is a great experience because of the people. It depends on the management and the culture.

Cons

A lot of work, not enough time. Is falling behind from other retailers. Don't care about their employees.

More communication of important process changes by Managers and Associates.

Would not recommend even to my worst enemy.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Baytown, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Sears

Pros

Flexible around school schedule, can usually take time off as long as you tell management ahead of time.

Cons

Horrible disctount, management is very ignorant of policies and rules, which is detrimental to a large company's future success and the success of it's employees. I've recently found a new job, gave Sears two months notice, and I am already catching a lot of mess from management. I would only recommend this to someone who has hit hard times and needs a paycheck or two while still looking for a job. Not a friendly company, unless you're buying something from them.

Give employees the tools they need to meet your expectations instead of expecting us to create gold out of nothing. Communicate with eachother to let the others know what your individual expectations are so that way you know what is being communicated to the employees in the stores. It is not uncommon to come in one day and being told to set up the MSP a certain way, then the next day having to do it different because another manager felt it should be different. This is only one of the reasons why your employee's moral is so low - we're tired of doing twice the work for less pay (the more we work on MCA work, the less we sell, the more you see low numbers).

There are newer employer reviews for Sears