Sears Call Center in West Des Moines, IA

Current Employee - Team Manager in West Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Team Manager in West Des Moines, IA

Pros

The Sears call center felt more like a corporate environment than a call center. Employees were empowered to satisfy the customer and employees at the call center associate level were compensated well at $11 an hour for just having a high school degree. That made it easier to be their manager because most wanted to be there.

Cons

The communication between other offices and departments at Sears was poor. It was not very organized to call some of the people we had to deal with and some people had no idea my department existed. I also worked in a new department that had no way of seeing our sales figures and had no goals. Somewhat chaotic, but still able to get the job done.

Advice to Management

When launching a new department for the call center, ensure all loose ends are tied up and employees have exact figures and metrics to rate themselves by.

Other Employee Reviews for Sears

It's good when the economy is good. Bad when the economy is bad.

Current Employee - Consultative Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consultative Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Flexibility in hours. Good chances for advancement. They really care about the employees. Management adheres to the rules stringently.

Cons

Commission Sales can be cut-throat and vicious. Especially in Appliances. Make sure your customers remain your customers because jealousy reigns in that department. You can make a living as a CSA but only when the economy is doing well. otherwise, you better have a 2nd job.

Advice to Management

Please advance those employees who deserve it. Even if they happen to be smarter than you.

2. MCA Lead - Hardlines

Current Employee - Mercandise and Customer Assistant Lean
    Current Employee - Mercandise and Customer Assistant Lean

Pros

I like the type of work that I do. My time flies by because I am also so busy. The people that I work with are great as well.

Cons

The money is awful! I am in a leadership position and I only make $9.00 an hour! Also, I've had to find out how to do a lot by myself because my manager doesn't show me how!

Advice to Management

Modernize!! The managers at my store are just doing what they're told, it's the CEO of the company who is ruining it.