My review of sears

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Albany, GA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Albany, GA

I have been working at Sears part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great job for someone who is in college. Great place to meet people and gain networking skills

Cons

Some problems that occur are beyond your control

Advice to Management

Support team with appropriate selling tools

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Terrible incompetent people, all meetings, no execution!

I worked at Sears full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Benefits suck, no 401k, no merit increase, no bonus, no tuition reimbursement, no training, no travel budget.

Cons

This place is filled with lots of under-qualified people. Everyone schedules a ton of meetings to look busy and important, but can provide no actual results. People don't communicate with each other, so things are going off in different directions. No one want to take ownership of anything. I honestly don't know how the company is operating every day. I've read reviews before about Sears, but thought it was just a bunch of people complaining, but nope, I have experienced first hand, lazy people. No wonder the company is doing so terribly. No one works around there.

Advice to Management

Stop talking the talk, and do something to change things around.

This Company Is Very Disorganized

Current Employee - Cashier in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Sears part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours. Gaining customer service skills.

Cons

Minimum Wage. Disorganized Management. Disrespectful to associates. Dishonest.

Advice to Management

The management staff at 1410 has a lot of critical issues to work on. They are lacking organization skills and are too worried about metrics to provide member-minded customer service. This, I feel is why our store is not doing very well. Management is consistently harassing the associates to do better metrics, no matter how well they do with credit and memberships. These people(management staff of this store) are too worried about numbers to really see how this is affecting loyal and potential loyal customers. We constantly push credit(at least three times during a single transaction), Shop Your Way Rewards, store to homes, and then by the time the customer is fuming because they just want to purchase their items, we are still expected to push that they fill out an online survey for us and for them to rate their experience a 100%. I have had many customers leave and swear to never come back because of this process. This is not excellent customer service that makes a business successful. The schedules are never kept up with and usually always wrong, or the daily schedule isn't even up at all and no one knows where anyone is supposed to be or who is even coming in. They are cutting back on hours so bad that it affects the way customers are dealt with. The schedule now is one cashier per department. Even in the women's area, which is our busiest department. We call for back up when needed, rarely does any one answer. Also there is almost never anyone working the jewelry counter, we have to call a manager several times a day to assist customers who need help there. When a manager is needed, it takes them several minutes to even respond. In some cases customers have had to wait 20 minutes for a manager to even see them. Also if there is trouble within the store or a customer was dissatisfied, they always put the blame on associates. Even if the customers dissatisfaction was in the time spent having to wait on management. Finally, we have needed new walkies and registers for some time now. Only half of the few walkies we have work and our registers are constantly crashing and have even shocked some of the associates on occasions. This has been brought to the attention of the management staff and still, nothing has been done. I feel that someone needs to be aware of what is really going on before the store goes under altogether.