Sears

www.searshc.com

Great part time money if you can put up with the trickle down panicking from corporate.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat coworkers, managers want you to succeed, one of the tvs in the department had Dish on it to kill the time. Good monetary incentive for hard work. Decent employee discount. Flexible scheduling, but there is no time off allowed in November/December.

ConsAlthough I did not mind how much emphasis was put on numbers, some key numbers were never talked about. Specifically, you could make a sale that generated a $1000 loss, but as long as you sold a protection agreement (warranty) with accessories it was great sale. Favoritism interfered with ethics. Managers could feel the pressure from corporate, and would occasionally be very unpleasant to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince the company has already dug itself into a big hole with its lack of cash flow and a gluttony of near worthless real estate, keep trimming the fat and focus on what actually brings in a profit.

Good old-fashioned job

Route Specialist (Current Employee) McClellan, CA

I have been working at Sears full-time for more than a year

Pros: Regular schedule, regular benefits, pays well, straight forward non-stressful job. Cons: Upward movement can be difficult for some. Kaiser healthcare is… Advice to Senior Management: None that I can think of. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to work

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Bay City, MI

I worked at Sears full-time for more than a year

Pros: Working with customers, not a physical job, good money with… Cons: High expectations for metrics (protection agreements, credit) Advice to Senior Management: Promote from within Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!