Hard work. Not much chance for advancement.

Current Employee - MCA
Current Employee - MCA

I have been working at Sears part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, good work-life balance most of the time, worthwhile employee discount program, and perks with other companies due to employment at Sears.

Cons

Part-time at minimum wage. Little to no chance for advancement, salary increases, or moving into a full time position. Have to really hump it to get decent hours, and even then there's no guarantee. Hours slashed at the whim of upper management, and are always irregular. Can not count on a regular work schedule from week to week. Too much emphasis on pushing credit cards and shop your way rewards. Store frequently understaffed.

Pay your employees a decent wage and offer realistic opportunities to advance within the corporation. Adequately staff the stores to insure a good customer experience. Quit the useless and arbitrary metrics and pay more attention to loyalty in both your employees and your customers.

Other Reviews for Sears

Sears is ok

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Sears part-time for more than a year

Pros

free name tag, free sears shirt only one or two so you need more blue shirts,
    can work with hours a bit. Lot of interesting co workers, sadly a lot of people with degrees too.
    it pays the bills

Cons

To much demands of the sales people. To many metrics to be harped on. If one is up there is another metric to harp on for being down. IT is your fault, never the fact that people are not buying this or that it must be because of your salesmen-ship even if your doing everything right. Makes you feel guilty. I work in electronics. Base pay + commission, it sounds good but its not to good, commission keeps getting lower. Last year for working about 26 or so hours a week I made 11000$ or so for the year that is it.

watch my salesmanship not my numbers.

Fast paced and deadline oriented workplace. Doggy dog get ahead attitude.

Former Employee - Technical Specialist  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Sears as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Decent salary. Opportunity for advancement.

Cons

In the corporate offices, a lot of employees are only looking out for themselves and lots of backstabbing.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!