Sears

www.searshc.com

Hard work. Not much chance for advancement.

MCA (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, good work-life balance most of the time, worthwhile employee discount program, and perks with other companies due to employment at Sears.

ConsPart-time at minimum wage. Little to no chance for advancement, salary increases, or moving into a full time position. Have to really hump it to get decent hours, and even then there's no guarantee. Hours slashed at the whim of upper management, and are always irregular. Can not count on a regular work schedule from week to week. Too much emphasis on pushing credit cards and shop your way rewards. Store frequently understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees a decent wage and offer realistic opportunities to advance within the corporation. Adequately staff the stores to insure a good customer experience. Quit the useless and arbitrary metrics and pay more attention to loyalty in both your employees and your customers.

Terrible Management

Cashier (Former Employee) Cerritos, CA

I worked at Sears part-time for more than a year

Pros: Employee discount was decent enough. Cons: Credit Card Quotas were ridiculously high and you get written… Advice to Senior Management: Lay off the Quotas No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A nightmare to work for

In Home Service Technician (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Sears full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: If you have half a brain, you can easily set yourself apart from the rest of… Cons: Terrible management Work responsibilities constantly increasing while pay remains static and… Advice to Senior Management: Get out now More
There are newer reviews on Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!