A disheartening experience

Former Employee - MBA Intern  in  Schaumburg, IL
Former Employee - MBA Intern in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Sears as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Large company, lots of resources, great work/life balance. Once upon a time, this was a nice, stable company to work for, with plenty of routine jobs.

Cons

Too bureaucratic, no direction, low morale, no innovation. Can't compete with the industry.

Get everyone on the same page before they jump ship.

Other Reviews for Sears

Don't know who their Customer is and don't care

I have been working at Sears

Pros

National Company with good customer base

Cons

Too many ivory towers. Too many Chiefs

Separate Kmart and Sears. Get rid of the Presidents of Categories. Let the GMMs run the businesses. Get a CHIEF MERCHANT!

Started of great, then turned into a disaster...

I worked at Sears part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When I first started the Sears Hardware store I worked for had direct deposit, benefits, retirement, insurance, vacation, and holiday pay.

Cons

Whoever hires the managers needs help! And who they sell stores to as well. I worked there for almost 3yrs after we were sold to a man who owned all the Churches Chickens in Texas (that didn't work well). People started quitting left and right, because our store manager refused to listen to us at all. He worked all the sales leads to the bones, to the point they were beyond stressed out. He left all management to them. Also, our assistant manager was a perv. I actually complained about it and was told I was insubordinate and I would be fired over a perv. So I left (for a job that gave me better pay and better hours).

Listen to your staff. If we are calling the HR for the owners because you are not doing your job that must say something. We work just as hard if not harder than you. Remember we all deal with the customers while most managers hide in the office.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!