There are newer employer reviews for Sears

A company that has mastered the cluster.

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sears full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great employee discount. Strong brands as long as they do not dilute. Internal social network called Pebble is very powerful and useful tool to cross internal bureaucratic stigma (witch abounds in this company). Assistant and store managers have home access to many internal systems(can also be a con)

Cons

They want their eggs cooked "sunny side down but don't turn them over". (3 stooges ism). Crony Good ol boy still exists in this company. Use negative motivators to beat results out of location managers. Business unit structure forces the stores to serve the central organization. Unrealistic expectations lead to frustrating the front line and extinguishing morale and talent. The threat of closing your store if it is successful or not makes talent run from the company. Some of the best motivational leaders I have ever worked for were sent home with weak reasoning.

Lots of leadership changes and soul searching with no results. The business model used is doomed even before it started.

reviews filtered by
  1. I like helping customers with their needs.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at Sears full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, decent commission, ok pay.

Cons

Favoritism at times, can be frustrating.

Treat everyone equally.

It's by far the most challenging Job I have ever had..and yet the most rewarding with experience.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Sears full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Training .. I love the tools we have that aloud us to work fast and proficient such as Excel,Acess along with real fast desktop that i5 processors.

Cons

No raises for 3 years

Sears Should Focus on Creating an App in the OS and Android Market that enables customers to look for a quick quote on Repair Service of Home,Carpet,Roof,Appliances by allowing the customer to enter the serial number and model of an appliances along with 3 pictures of the damage area or the app can't guide you want pictures to take..so that base on the model number and description and the 3 pictured. and online train agent can provided a quote. Same thing will go with the home renovations and carpet and who know even lawn services..hey what if I need some one to cut my grass?

There are newer employer reviews for Sears