There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Fun

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Sears full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great employees decent commission rates. Management actually seem to care about the employees and their personal lives.

Cons

In order to solve a simple issue you need to contact ten different people in 6 different departments. Painfully slow at times.

3877 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

Good starting point

I worked at Sears part-time

Pros

Great starting point for customer service job. Lots of interaction with customers from all backgrounds and excellent opportunity for improving teamwork skills.

Cons

Typical low pay of customer service job. No set hours, working holidays. Part-time means no benefits and less time spent with family

I liked the people I worked with, but I was very dissatisfied with the initiatives that were being implemented.

Former Employee - Delivery Specialist/CCN (Home Services)  in  Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Specialist/CCN (Home Services) in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Sears part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

SHC was very flexible in working with my school schedule (for a while). My co-workers for the most part were really friendly. Amidst the constant overhaul, the camaraderie is apparent in certain key areas of the business, which made my days go by faster. The employee discounts were appeasing to an extent. If you exceeded or met your metrics, there were a lot of opportunities to advance.

Cons

Although the company is going through some restructuring, I feel as if the changes are things they've tried before, but being "packaged" in a different name. Additionally, although I mentioned advancement opportunities as a pro, I feel as if politics are involved with alot of employment decisions. The current plan isn't working and I'm certain further sell-off of key assets are in the near future.

It's clear to see that the current plan isn't working, but I don't think sell-off of further key assets are the answer. The constant cost-cutting is also very counterproductive. Try to leave your egos at home and start to think clearly. Finally, please hire people solely on their skills rather than using muddle-thinking and just bringing the people that you like along with you.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!