There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Bad Company

Former Employee - Ecommerce Operations Manager  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
Former Employee - Ecommerce Operations Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Sears full-time for more than a year

Pros

The onboarding process is really good. But you expect a company with that much turnover to be good at that.

Cons

The leadership has no true vision and works with threats. Middle management compensates with micromanagement. While I was there, I saw many employees being removed by security which does nothing for a good work environment.

Communicate your strategy for the stores and online. Don't scare employees into going along. Be open to feedback.

3861 Other Employee Reviews for Sears (View Most Recent)

***BOGUS COMPANY*** SEARS HOME "DESTRUCTION"

I worked at Sears

Pros

THEY WILL HIRE YOU!!! Its a revolving door here. They are glad to take the gov approved hire everybody but lets make it impossible for them to make money then we can force them out and get more applicants to come in, "ITS OUR WIN WIN SCHEME". We hold a very bogus bonus plan that only benefits SEARS. We have Trainers that came over from Winter Park that teaches classes but dont know the logics behind the business. Therefore the new hires that are being trained by the blind. Could be frustrating right!!!

Cons

Now for the cons, LOL. Poor management and poor people who have to sale blood to make ends meet because of the bogus bonus structure. That is a migthy nice carrot being dangled in front of everyones faces. The WORST company ever to work for. They Sell you food on a constant bases to build up enough money to have an end of year/chrismas party. Hahhahahahaha. What happened to "hey Great job guys, here we will have a quarterly party celebrating our success" Instead they steal your bonus with previous no goods or conversion rates, however, they plant bogus leads to come over and to directly effect the bonus. This has been changed recently but the bonus structure will change again if the indentured slaves start to make decent money. Transition to leadership is phony and only gives the slaves a false sense of ladder climbing but they are mostly hiring reps outside the company. Only a small few has made it to the BIG MONEY LAND(which is still crappy pay)

Hire management, from within that knows how to work thru the system and knows how to build a rapport with the floor agents. The managers you have currently are in meetings all day and have ZERO time to manage their teams properly. It is supposed to be managers coaching and upbuilding the teams, not our MODS(oops company jargon) I mean how many meetings do you need in one week to say, WE ARE FAILING!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha

Good company to work

Current Employee - Lead Systems Engineer  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Sears as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Very diverse work force. Multivendor environment.

Cons

The company is making a wrong decision by investing in cheap technologies and moving away from Cisco and other environment. Bad corporate politics.

Lack of true leadership from the senior management.

There are newer employer reviews for Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!